The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my First iPOD

Darren-K

My new and first ipod was delivered today,i bought the small 4th gen Nano chromatic in Red.

I also bought the Bose Sounddock portable :)

yes i know ipods have been out since victorian days bought ive always sworn by Cd`s,.

Well not anymore,.its so much more convenient to have an ipod connected to a docking station as a Hi-Fi !

Ive spent all day slamming my music collection on to my Nano,

The Bose sounddock sounds amazing,realy clear and punchy,.it comes with a handy remote and its build quality is typical Bose.

Thats my late christmas prezzie to me sorted :)

The ipod is the first thing for a long time to have the "hoover" effect (calling a product type by a brand) - i now have three of the things... a 1gb shuffle i use at work (clips to my shirt so nice and out of the way), 2gb first gen nano that lives in my car and feeds my head unit with music, and recently my iPhone 3G, which is a truly awesom piece of kit :cool:

ALMOST... considering buying a MAC :blink:

I got the leather carry case for the Sounddock too,i admit its a bit like a manbag :) but it has lots of little pockets to put the Ipod,the remote in etc

And theres some great little design tweaks,.like theres a pocket for the power supply that folds over and out of the way.

On the Sounddock itself the area that holds the iPod spins round when not in use and conceals the ipod dock.

Theres also a mini jack plug input on the back so it can be used with other things too like a Laptop etc

Im sorry i missed the gadget show episode featuring the sounddock Charlotte :( they might repeat it tho,but to be honest the only episode ive ever seen of the gadget show was when they were doind a demo of the iPhone !lol I`ll keep an eye out tho.

Redm,. i knew they had ipods in the 1880`s :D

Dr, i waited and waited before taking the leap to an Ipod,i realy do not regret doing it tho.,

It makes my CD`s look like gramaphone records :) and its the size of a box of matches,thing about the new Nano too is that they have now utilised the technology from the iphone were you can tilt the unit and pictures and games and video`s turn in sympathy.

Loving it :D

Guest dangerousandy

I have a iPod Video 30GB.........absolutely love it!!! It has over 3000 songs on it and 30 music videos and yet still has 17GB left!!! I have all of the album artworks too!!! I was using it yesterday in a Volvo S40 R-Design D5 (2008 model) via the iPod docking connection in the centre consol, but I found that the main functions were hard to use and it wouldnt let me search for all of the artists on the iPod.... :(

Still a great idea to have the ipod through the car stereo...I have a cassette adapter for my Supra so that I can have the iPod in it :)

I have a iPod Video 30GB.........absolutely love it!!! It has over 3000 songs on it and 30 music videos and yet still has 17GB left!!!

Mines has 10,892 items which would last 39.2 days at 73.34Gb and I've still not put all my music into it. I have an iPod doc in the living room, at work, at the villa and in the car. Does that mean I win?

I think so pete,do you ever not listen to music?

Actually...very rarely. I love music.

I got some very amazing Logictech Z5500 THX DTS 96/24 speakers for Christmas (look 'em up, they're amazing) and fate has dealt the cruelest of blows.

I have just about the best quality speaker system for a computer with brilliant surround sound - and my left ear has been completely blocked and deaf since I got them. It's driving me crazy and I cannot appreciate my new toy at all. :(

I bought a 120Gb Classic in duty free when going to the States in September. Had always thought I'd never go the iPod route myself, but now wouldn't be without it! I got an FM transmitter thingy for the car which works really well - just listen to my iPod on the radio which sounds great. (Bose system in the car) Just make sure if you get a FM transmitter that you buy a good one - some of them are cr@p. I got an "i-Luv" FM cradle which I have no complaints about at all. Got 3500 tunes on the iPod now and a few movies and TV shows. Still only used about 30Gb.

It worked really well on holiday not having to dig out the CD's anymore. Downloaded some podcasts of radio 2/radio 4 comedy shows to listen to in the states too. When I go to London on the train, I just download a movie before I go and watch it on the journey. Great way to pass the time.

I got the Bose Sound Dock for Christmas and a set of Bose headphones. Excellent bits of kit.

Do I sound addicted?

:innocent:

Actually...very rarely. I love music.

I got some very amazing Logictech Z5500 THX DTS 96/24 speakers for Christmas (look 'em up, they're amazing) and fate has dealt the cruelest of blows.

I have just about the best quality speaker system for a computer with brilliant surround sound - and my left ear has been completely blocked and deaf since I got them. It's driving me crazy and I cannot appreciate my new toy at all. :(

I will look them up pete sorry to hear about your ear:(

Was it caused by loud music by any chance?

I bought a 120Gb Classic in duty free when going to the States in September. Had always thought I'd never go the iPod route myself, but now wouldn't be without it! I got an FM transmitter thingy for the car which works really well - just listen to my iPod on the radio which sounds great. (Bose system in the car) Just make sure if you get a FM transmitter that you buy a good one - some of them are cr@p. I got an "i-Luv" FM cradle which I have no complaints about at all. Got 3500 tunes on the iPod now and a few movies and TV shows. Still only used about 30Gb.

It worked really well on holiday not having to dig out the CD's anymore. Downloaded some podcasts of radio 2/radio 4 comedy shows to listen to in the states too. When I go to London on the train, I just download a movie before I go and watch it on the journey. Great way to pass the time.

I got the Bose Sound Dock for Christmas and a set of Bose headphones. Excellent bits of kit.

Do I sound addicted?

:innocent:

No, it sounds like you've got far too much money! ;)

I would do the same if I could though :)

Had an old classic I'd borrowed a few years ago, then got a 3rd Gen 8gb Nano last year, and bought a 16gb Touch this year, I can listen to music at work, so a good player's quite important to me, the iPod's have never disappointed... I matched the touch with Denon headphones (Can't remember exactly which ones, think they end in 551, £69.99 a set from Currys)

Only I made the mistake of crashing at a friends house on Friday night, who got burgled... Both of my phones (Work and Personal were pinched, and my iPod (With the £20 case, and £69.99 headphones)) - Got the phones replaced already on their relative insurance, just got my own home insurance picking holes on my claim for the iPod...

No, it sounds like you've got far too much money! ;)

I wish!!

I was even too tight fisted to buy one until I was duty-free! Even then I had my doubts as to whether it was a good idea.

Most of the Bose stuff was either bought for me for Xmas or I bought with money from my recent birthday.

:)