The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3" Straight Through Silencers (Stainless)

dandan

Dan

i just got a 3" Borla silencer from the states off ebay, cost about £120 delivered but they are quality, stainless and lightweight, the other nice thing with them is the inlets slot straight over stock 3" tube like a glove, i can post a pic if you like tonight, i did look at the Jetex ones but they were a bit scant on detail on there site so didn't bother, any update on the manifold :)

Thanks for the replies fellas. I am looking to quiet down a 3inch down pipe, HKS 3inch 2nd decat and Nur Spec R exhaust. I was thinking of dropping something into the 2nd decat pipe where the original cat piece would have been. If that still isn't quiet enough then MAYBE i'd swap out the middle silencer on the nur for something larger diameter. . . if possible. :)

dan, pics of Borla silencer (and tin of Madras for scale :)), unfortunately it was too long so i have had to shorten the case from 300mm to 250mm, i have riveted the end back on so it could be repacked in the future, just need to get the inlet welded at work tommorow, at 110mm thick these are some of the most compact i found, the Jetex in comparison is 140mm, should give you an idea of the ground clearance

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.