Just had the shock of my life!

SilverSoop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all...

I just had the shock of my life as I came to realise what actually needs fixing on my Supe...:(

Im still not working at the moment as it is extremely hard to find a job due to this bloody credit crunch! :(

Some cost's may be a little off...

Road Tax...£220.00 or £400.00

New manual 6 speed Gearbox...£2500.

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust system...£500

Replacement Turbo's...£130

Going the rest of BPU (i.e Walbro fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, FCD, 1st Decat to be fitted and AFR and EGT gauge)

£500.00...??

Bodywork...my front bumper is cracked and so is my passenger side skirt...£500.00...??

Valve stem seals...£1000...??

MOT...£40.00

Rest of my engine polished...£160.00 or thereabout's...

New Brake pads and discs all round...uprated Endless pads and Discs...not sure on a price of this though...possibly £500.00...??

And of course Labour on top...*gulp* maybe around £1000...:(

It's not looking good really...:(

So in total = £7050!! :shock: :cry: :(

BPU is not necessary,

I would be surprised if the box is shot, has somebody competant diagnosed that as the problem ?

Brakes - why do you need uprated if money is tight stock pads and discs.

Bodywork - unsightly but doesn't stop it being driven.

Engine polishing - optional

Valve stems - not an immediate issue

Exhaust blowing, could just be a gasket.

If it was me i would just take it off the road and get a runabout for a few hundred quid until things improve.

As for the Gearbox, are 6 speed gearboxes that easy to come by??

There is a 6speed being dismantled in t'south somewhere, saw it on fleabay before

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-2JZGTE-twin-turbo-Breaking-6-speed-soon_W0QQitemZ110332265548QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item110332265548&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Sorry, thats how it pasted: know how you feel, mate, I've had no work since mid-November-construction downturn/credit crunch,etc...........:search:

Hi all...

I just had the shock of my life as I came to realise what actually needs fixing on my Supe...:(

Im still not working at the moment as it is extremely hard to find a job due to this bloody credit crunch! :(

Some cost's may be a little off...

Road Tax...£220.00 or £400.00

New manual 6 speed Gearbox...£2500.

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust system...£500

Replacement Turbo's...£130

Going the rest of BPU (i.e Walbro fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, FCD, 1st Decat to be fitted and AFR and EGT gauge)

£500.00...??

Bodywork...my front bumper is cracked and so is my passenger side skirt...£500.00...??

Valve stem seals...£1000...??

MOT...£40.00

Rest of my engine polished...£160.00 or thereabout's...

New Brake pads and discs all round...uprated Endless pads and Discs...not sure on a price of this though...possibly £500.00...??

And of course Labour on top...*gulp* maybe around £1000...:(

It's not looking good really...:(

So in total = £7050!! :shock: :cry: :(

Bloody hell Shane thats a lot of£££££ you could have my bpu with uk breaks etc for a bit more.have a good long think bud and just do enough to keep her on the road. Failing that give me a pm.:D

hay silversoop whats the problem with your gearbox because i have a loud clanking noise when i lift of the throtle in gear it makes a loud metalic clanking sound i have spent loads trying to get to bottom of it and no one can find problem, ive had new clutch and flywheel new gear linkage and bushers. I have had the gearbox stripped and inspected and all was fine but i still get this loud clanking sound from around were gearbox is :( could you shed any light on this. Is this the same as your problem ? cheers J

Basically mine ratles constantly but when you put your foot on the 3/4 of the way down on the clutch, it stops...

It has now started making an odd metallic grinding type noise and you can hear it in neutral and also when driving...it's not right at all...

It was taken apart when 3rd gear went and it was found that all my Synchro's needed renewing and it came out with this rattle and since it has never been discovered as to what it actually is...

oh shane your such a drama queen lol, your nearly as bad in as rob

oh and he said just buy another tt for that money and use it as parts

Hehe...

Well I was adding everything up just because I was bored at the time and it worked out to this cost...

It is a good idea though...

Its not that bad i just had my tax renewal today and its £101.75 for 6months or £185 for the year, chin up :)

Yes, thanks for that...;)

Uh oh! You've done it now....... :run:

Sarcastic git...:D

I know a few guys myself out of work simply because of the goverment has taken all our money and we have none ourselves to spend I mean err credit crunch, Hope you get work sorted because thats some shopping bill.

Yeah tell me about it matey...

400 quid road tax? Is that because your Supra was registered after 2001 or something??????

Well basically, it is a 1998 model and had the emissions printed on the V5 from the SVA and it was imported in 2007 so they have me by the balls there and as a consequence, I think im the only member paying the top bracket road tax...

BPU is not necessary,

I would be surprised if the box is shot, has somebody competant diagnosed that as the problem ?

Brakes - why do you need uprated if money is tight stock pads and discs.

Bodywork - unsightly but doesn't stop it being driven.

Engine polishing - optional

Valve stems - not an immediate issue

Exhaust blowing, could just be a gasket.

If it was me i would just take it off the road and get a runabout for a few hundred quid until things improve.

BPU - Im almost there so why not?

Brakes - how much are UK pads and discs??

Gearbox - that's the thing, no-one can find out what the issue is, even the garage who ''re-conditioned'' my gearbox in the first bloody place!!

Bodywork - yes you are right but I am concerned that the cracks will get alot worse as I have noticed them spreading...

Engine polishing - it is half done but yes you are right...

Valve stems - yes, you are right again...

Exhaust blowing - no it's not a gasket because a new one was fitted recently and it did stop very briefly but it started again...

If you put your hand where the 2nd decat meets the cat-back system, you can feel the exhaust fumes coming out!!

It is due to an incompetent garage not being able to put the exhaust back on properly which resulted in damage done to the exhaust system!

Until his nerves kick in and at which point he gets IBS and depression :D

:sly:

Still, that would provide Shane with a couple more threads to start :D

I do indeed...:D

I never add it all up. Not a good move ;)

Yeah I know that now...hehe :cry:

Bloody hell Shane thats a lot of£££££ you could have my bpu with uk breaks etc for a bit more.have a good long think bud and just do enough to keep her on the road. Failing that give me a pm.:D

Yes not good...bloody car...

I won't be selling her though despite the problems...

Dedication or medication?! :D

Thats expensive :innocent: mines only £185 a year ;)

Thanks Gary...:D

Guest dangerousandy

Shane, Did you go into National and speak to Claire? I have the Job application form for my place here. Do you want me to post it to you, or meet up and give it to you in person? I could give it to Rob as I should be moving his Supra on saturday. Let me know mate :)

Were did you get 1000 for valve stem oil seals? Their about 90quid brand new for all 24, with a bit of saavy could be done yourself, if not probaby looking at around 300labour

Other than M.O.T and Tax there aint really that much thats essential

I'd be very suprised if Paul Whiffin or anyone else could get a Brand New Gear box delivered to the UK for 2.5K with todays dollar though! I wouldnt waste your cash

thought id cheer you up a bit shane:-

Road Tax...£220.00 or £400.00 - cant argue with that

New manual 6 speed Gearbox...£2500 - Saw dust works good:d

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust system...£500 - chop the back box off, will sound the same

Replacement Turbo's...£130 - go N/A

Going the rest of BPU (i.e Walbro fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, FCD, 1st Decat to be fitted and AFR and EGT gauge) 500.00...?? - spoilt brat!

Bodywork...my front bumper is cracked and so is my passenger side skirt...£500.00...?? - have a go yourself, its worth a try. whats the worst that could happen

Valve stem seals...£1000...?? - what the hell are those?

MOT...£40.00 - cant argue with that

Rest of my engine polished...£160.00 or thereabout's... - lazy bum do it yourself with sand paper and metal polish

New Brake pads and discs all round...uprated Endless pads and Discs...not sure on a price of this though...possibly £500.00...?? - why change brakes there guna run low again anyways :D

And of course Labour on top...*gulp* maybe around £1000... - ill do that all for you for £999 any day!

jokes a side though i must say the supra has been a very expensive car to look after. i unfortunately bought a car that i ended up having to change the engine, clutch, suspension, turbos and brakes all round. at the end of it though i would say now i have a solid strong reliable supra that looks brilliant and likewise on its performance. when i think about how much i have spent i get shivers but i dont regret it as i love the car and its something ive always wanted so like my mum says you can never ever put a price to happiness.

Sad new Shane mate you spent about 12K on your new supra & has been nothing but problems within months of having it sad hope you get things done asap

Yeah thanks Lui mate, tell me about it...im gutted but im not going to get rid of her...I just have to think positive...:taped: :D

Shane, Did you go into National and speak to Claire? I have the Job application form for my place here. Do you want me to post it to you, or meet up and give it to you in person? I could give it to Rob as I should be moving his Supra on saturday. Let me know mate :)

To be honest mate, I haven't spoke to her yet but I will do very soon...:)

As for the job application, yeah could you post it please mate?? :)

I'll PM you my address...:)

Do I send it back to you??

Were did you get 1000 for valve stem oil seals? Their about 90quid brand new for all 24, with a bit of saavy could be done yourself, if not probaby looking at around 300labour

Other than M.O.T and Tax there aint really that much thats essential

I'd be very suprised if Paul Whiffin or anyone else could get a Brand New Gear box delivered to the UK for 2.5K with todays dollar though! I wouldnt waste your cash

Oh I got that price from a friend who is using a garage is quite well known on here...

Problem is Bolarbag, my Turbo's are definetly ding and DO need replacement and I have just got to pi55ed off with this gearbox, that I thinkit would be cheaper to get a new one...

I think that's what Paul's price is for the gearbox...it's advertised on his website...:)

So if you were me and you had all of these problems, what would you do?? :(

thought id cheer you up a bit shane:-

Road Tax...£220.00 or £400.00 - cant argue with that

New manual 6 speed Gearbox...£2500 - Saw dust works good:d

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust system...£500 - chop the back box off, will sound the same

Replacement Turbo's...£130 - go N/A

Going the rest of BPU (i.e Walbro fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, FCD, 1st Decat to be fitted and AFR and EGT gauge) 500.00...?? - spoilt brat!

Bodywork...my front bumper is cracked and so is my passenger side skirt...£500.00...?? - have a go yourself, its worth a try. whats the worst that could happen

Valve stem seals...£1000...?? - what the hell are those?

MOT...£40.00 - cant argue with that

Rest of my engine polished...£160.00 or thereabout's... - lazy bum do it yourself with sand paper and metal polish

New Brake pads and discs all round...uprated Endless pads and Discs...not sure on a price of this though...possibly £500.00...?? - why change brakes there guna run low again anyways :D

And of course Labour on top...*gulp* maybe around £1000... - ill do that all for you for £999 any day!

jokes a side though i must say the supra has been a very expensive car to look after. i unfortunately bought a car that i ended up having to change the engine, clutch, suspension, turbos and brakes all round. at the end of it though i would say now i have a solid strong reliable supra that looks brilliant and likewise on its performance. when i think about how much i have spent i get shivers but i dont regret it as i love the car and its something ive always wanted so like my mum says you can never ever put a price to happiness.

Hehe....:D

Well it looks like where I am now, you were there a while back...PITA mate...eh? :D

Despite the problems, im not going to get rid of her...most people call me insane...I guess it's the love of my Supra...;) :D

You think you've got it bad, I need to fit a single turbo kit and all the bits that go with it, TRD wide body kit, get it resprayed in some ridiculous flip paint, fit some 22" wheels, neons and washer jets, fluffy dice, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think I'll have change from £20k! I just don't know where I'm going to find the money in this economic climate.

You think you've got it bad, I need to fit a single turbo kit and all the bits that go with it, TRD wide body kit, get it resprayed in some ridiculous flip paint, fit some 22" wheels, neons and washer jets, fluffy dice, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think I'll have change from £20k! I just don't know where I'm going to find the money in this economic climate.

C.....hrist!!

Me either Thorin...looks like we are in the same boat...:(