The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had the shock of my life!

SilverSoop

Hi all...

I just had the shock of my life as I came to realise what actually needs fixing on my Supe...:(

Im still not working at the moment as it is extremely hard to find a job due to this bloody credit crunch! :(

Some cost's may be a little off...

Road Tax...£220.00 or £400.00

New manual 6 speed Gearbox...£2500.

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust system...£500

Replacement Turbo's...£130

Going the rest of BPU (i.e Walbro fuel pump, colder grade spark plugs, FCD, 1st Decat to be fitted and AFR and EGT gauge)

£500.00...??

Bodywork...my front bumper is cracked and so is my passenger side skirt...£500.00...??

Valve stem seals...£1000...??

MOT...£40.00

Rest of my engine polished...£160.00 or thereabout's...

New Brake pads and discs all round...uprated Endless pads and Discs...not sure on a price of this though...possibly £500.00...??

And of course Labour on top...*gulp* maybe around £1000...:(

It's not looking good really...:(

So in total = £7050!! :shock: :cry: :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, you've got your health :D

Well...there is that, I suppose...:D

there is prob £1500 of need to do at some point, and £6000 of wants

Well the thing is, my exhust system is shot too due to a 'garage' not being competent enough to fit it properly and now it is blowing...:(

I need new Spark plugs and a new o2 sensor because of the oil passing through the system due to the Turbo's going...

I obviously need new Turbo's and have found a decent set but can't buy them yet...

My gearbox is knackered too and I need a new one...

The cracks are only going to get worse...so they need doing...

And I also suspect that my valve stem seals are going too...

EDIT:

I defintetly need new discs too as she *just* passed the MOT last year so that will need doing too...

It cant be that bad surely ?

Second hand parts here and there , less big names more what you can afford etc.

Yes it is that bad...:cry: :(

Just forget about the car for now!

I would just concentrate on building your finances up until the situation looks like improving.

I have to!

I don't have a job at the moment so I just did a quick calculation on what needs doing on my Supra...I didn't expect that much!!!

If you don't laugh your cry he he :D

Yes...hahahaha...:cry:

:D

Never EVER add it all up... it takes years off your life :D

I have aged 20 years in 2 minutes! :D

Crikey dude. Take it in bite-sized chunks. Maybe take the car off the road if money's very tight?

I have done mate, I have declared her as SORN...it's very annoying knowing that she is sat out there and I have to get the bloody bus everywhere...Grrrr...:(

You need a second hand gearbox mate, and get someone (Toyota GT?) to weld up the exhaust as a temp fix.

The valve stem seals are not a huge problem, just keep the oil topped up. If you drive the car carefully then you don't need to worry about brakes, seals or turbos right this moment.

So it's only the gearbox you need right now, no need to panic.

You need a second hand gearbox mate, and get someone (Toyota GT?) to weld up the exhaust as a temp fix.

The valve stem seals are not a huge problem, just keep the oil topped up. If you drive the car carefully then you don't need to worry about brakes, seals or turbos right this moment.

So it's only the gearbox you need right now, no need to panic.

The problem is Gaz is that I am not sure if the exhaust can be fixed because it is blowing right at the point where the the 2nd Decat meets the

cat-back exhaust...

You are right about the valve stem seals though, I suspect that they are going but it would take further investigation to confirm it...

As for my Turbo's, mate they need doing, they are on their last legs and they both have excessive play in the bearings plus the oil that is being passed

through the system is astonishing and is causing my mpg to go right down and I have been noticing it getting worse which means, so are the Turbo's...:(

As for the Gearbox, are 6 speed gearboxes that easy to come by??

Fook that Shane!! Sorry to hear that but think of it this way

You could be Ginger :run: :hide:

Sorry mate

Hehe...cheeky git...:D

Well at least I have a proper Supra (ok, she's not well at the moment, but will be up and running soon...(*i hope*) :D

You'll put him on suicide watch with that:innocent:

:cry:

:bye:

:hang:

hay silversoop whats the problem with your gearbox because i have a loud clanking noise when i lift of the throtle in gear it makes a loud metalic clanking sound i have spent loads trying to get to bottom of it and no one can find problem, ive had new clutch and flywheel new gear linkage and bushers. I have had the gearbox stripped and inspected and all was fine but i still get this loud clanking sound from around were gearbox is :( could you shed any light on this. Is this the same as your problem ? cheers J