The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bargain USB hard disk on ebay

stevie_b

I'm on the hunt for a cheapie hard disk. Browsing ebay, I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220339386659

I think it's been mis-listed, and is selling on Amazon for £136: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-HD-HB250U2-1-Drivestation-250gb-External/dp/B0007R6CGC. If it's the same, then it's a bargain.

The ebay listing is nothing to do with me. Just thought I'd give peeps a heads-up just in case someone needs external storage.

thanks dude bid already :D

The key to keeping the price down, is not to bid on the auction until the last few minutes, or preferably seconds, if its possible. :)

I would just add that to my 'watched' list and Ebay will email me when the auction is near to ending, then pounce ;)

0 feedback user, used HDD, rubbish auction listing... how much money can you afford to lose?

If I were in the market for one of these, I'd punt a few quid on it. My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the seller isn't clued up about writing a decent ebay advert (the fact they have no feedback under that username backs this up). I've bought used HDDs and never had a problem, although I'm aware they're not infallible (bad sectors, head crash, etc).

0 feedback user, used HDD, rubbish auction listing... how much money can you afford to lose?

being scottish i only bid £6 Micael :innocent:

The key to keeping the price down, is not to bid on the auction until the last few minutes, or preferably seconds, if its possible. :)

I would just add that to my 'watched' list and Ebay will email me when the auction is near to ending, then pounce ;)

Dude granny suck eggs comes to mind:rolleyes:

i wasnt gonna be home so had a punt just in case :p

Unless you do what I did and miss the end... Bloody Ebay decided to do a go slow with about 5 secs to go.. :(