The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for the guys. Do you get emotional watching films?

jamesmark

a good emotional film out there i thought was 'The pursuit of happiness' such a struggle throughout and when he finally gets the job......... nobody could have done the reaction better than will smith.

"Happyness"..... should have paid more attention to the details of the movie as that was one of the things that really annoyed him about the nursery ;)

3 posts before yours all mention it (granted through quoting), guess u never noticed :p

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bud lol i read the posts but its my flu playing up. im so under the weather at the moment feel like cr@p. wasnt paying much attention i guess. List of films i found sad:-

1. E.T.

2. Ending of Terminator 2

3. Toy Story - when Buzz takes over Woodys turf and hes left all alone

4. Rocky - when mic died

5. House of Flying Daggers

6. Of Mice and Men (prefer the book though)

7. Gladiator

8. Schindler’s List

thats all i can think of at the moment.

I well up all the time, not too many times a tear rolls down the ol' cheek but it does get close a lot.

Films with Kids in.. Not like the Goonies, but you know what I mean.. Makes me think what would happen if we lost ours and it all goes soppy.. :(

I did blub while walking home from the station one day and I started thinking about that and couldn't stop.. Glad it was dark and raining.. :blush:

Watership down used to get me and also like a couple of others Contact.

I can't watch Watership Down without it taking me back to when I first saw it when I was about 11.

I cried then, and still do at the haunting 'Bright Eyes' at the end. Oh dear, I'm welling up now, just thinking about it!

just remembered another film where i have shedded a tear, quite recent actully, freedom writters diaries, anyone who has seen it wil possible agree when the lady is speaking to to the class about hiding ann frank or when the boy talks about his worst summer ever. i was on a couch the last time i saw it with 15 young people (all apparant hard cases or little chavs) and 5 memebers (one of which was a ex australian rugby player) comeing back from a residential, there wasnt a dry eye on that couch

Soylent Green...the scene when Edward G Robinson is euthanised.

Very effective and emotive use of images and music, both in the context of the story-line and the fact (hindsight) that it was his last film. Not many I know have time for this film, but I do.

Same here, fantastic film.

Most recent emotional moment was the dog scene in Legend, that one got me good!

First ever film I remember that made me cry was 'One flew of the cuckoo's nest', the very end of the film. Haven't seen it in years so may give that another go.

I can't watch Watership Down without it taking me back to when I first saw it when I was about 11.

I cried then, and still do at the haunting 'Bright Eyes' at the end. Oh dear, I'm welling up now, just thinking about it!

get your hanky out lad:

MODq81_cDKI

get your hanky out lad:

That sounded so wrong, Col :D

Yes, it did sound a bit wrong! ;)

That song coupled with the beautiful animation, especially at the end when Hazel and the ghost rabbit were dancing around was such a powerful moment for me, for some reason. :cry: