The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for the guys. Do you get emotional watching films?

jamesmark

Well that is the film that made me ask. :innocent: (not read the book).

I was filling up several times watching that yesterday and Sarah was work and I was on my own. :blink:

Christ it gets worse, when Sarah is watching her soaps (Emmerdale, Corrie etc) I fill up with that too when there is a particular storyline. Sarah thinks it's sweet but christ I never used to be so bloddy soppy, except with films as always been soppy with the right one.

What you're experiencing is the menopause. :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I can't wait to see Yesman, but I don't think I will cry at that.

You will through laughter if it's half a funny as the book :D

Can't say as I well up and burst into tears, but the lump in the throat happens if the right film's really dragged you into it.

Soylent Green...the scene when Edward G Robinson is euthanised.

Very effective and emotive use of images and music, both in the context of the story-line and the fact (hindsight) that it was his last film. Not many I know have time for this film, but I do.

Do you find yourself making flower displays and wondering what goes best with those black slacks you've got?

Erm yes & no and no. I hate flowers (hayfever issues) but when I buy them for Sarah it takes me ages! I get all the mental images in my head how each bunch on the stand will work together in her vases.

I am beginning to wish I had not started this thread. :)

I had to vote a yes to this one too, mainly for the one film that really extracts tears from you at an alarming rate of knots (assuming you're human and have a soul) the film is called "The Mighty" but be warned, even thinking of it now makes me sad :( I mentioned it to the wife a few weeks back after she declared something slightly tear jerky we had just watched was the film that had set her off the most.....wished I hadn't :(

Emotional rollercoaster ? that one had a 1000 ft drop

Contact is an amazing movie! My fav of all time in fact :) It recently was given the #7 worst movie ending of all time by some teenager by some magazine website :( How dare they.

If you haven't read the Carl Sagan book which the film is based on, I'd highly recommend it... contains a lot more detail.

Hmmm, seem to remember shedding a tear at contact, but can't say for certain. It's an excellent movie, my namesake Carl S helped make it more special for me, I think it said "For Carl" at the beginning or end. I didn't like one of the actors though, that bloke that played Jodie's Dad I think, and the whole heaven sequence on the beach was a little silly. The book must be amazing.

Hmmm, seem to remember shedding a tear at contact, but can't say for certain. It's an excellent movie, my namesake Carl S helped make it more special for me, I think it said "For Carl" at the beginning or end. I didn't like one of the actors though, that bloke that played Jodie's Dad I think, and the whole heaven sequence on the beach was a little silly. The book must be amazing.

Stop liking Contact, it's my #1 favourite film of all time and you liking it is cheapening that.

At least you misinterpreted the beach scene, phew.

As above really!

Do you get emotional watching films? I.e. a lump in your throat, tear in the eye or have a full blown cry?

A few films that are regarded as tear jerkers: Armageddon, Forrest Gump, PS I Love you.

The Italian Job (1969) - The bit where they throw those e-types down the mountain.:cry:

:D

Is there a tear-jerking bit in Forrest Gump? Which part?

TBH I get more upset at real life things. To see Muhammad Ali nowadays, that always brings a tear. Another one was back when Gerhard Berger was still driving in F1. At Monza (iirc) his car went off the track to the right, hit a barrier and burst into flames. He didn't/couldn't get out straight away and, for what felt like forever, it seemed like he was going to burn alive, right there on live TV. The real-life pathos of it was unbearable.

It doesn't happen very often but every now and again a movie hits a soft spot in me and i get a lump in my throat. When i was a kid i used to cry every time at the ending of ET... and i mean CRY lol.

Shawshank Redemption

Pursuit of Happyness

Came close to squeezing a tear out of me. Most of the time true to life movies that are about overcoming adversity etc. Lovey dovey stuff really doesn't do it for me at all.

As for contact, just picture the guy as being undercover AKA Long Kiss Goodnight. Everytime i see him on the beach thats what i think of.

Erm... Heaven in contact? You mean the Alien?

Shawshank Redemption

Pursuit of Happyness

Shawshank Redemption in one of my all time favourite films.

I defy anyone to watch Seven Pounds and not get at least a lump in your throat. Same Director as Pursuit of Happyness

f9nn0eKwxHY

Shawshank Redemption in one of my all time favourite films.

I defy anyone to watch Seven Pounds and not get at least a lump in your throat. Same Director as Pursuit of Happyness

Its my favourite too. No.1 on IMDB now it seems.

I watched 7 pounds the other week and i have to agree. My poor wife was sobbing her heart out lol.