The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"omg" eleanor

Dave

Now that is very,very nice but i saw a program about a company in texas that reproduce these from original cars and they look amazing just like the movie car they got help from the movie makers and chip foose one of the designers.They made what they call the super snake producing 750bhp.That must be insane.:D

The company was Unique Performance of Dallas. The last I heard was they were shut down after they were accused of using car bodies that may have been stolen as they had had their original VIN numbers removed. Chip Foose broke off all ties to the company as soon as it looked as if there had been wrong-doing going on. Carroll Shelby also also pulled his licensing agreement with Unique Performance as soon as it began to look dodgy.

Real shame as the cars were beautifully restored.

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/8955389/mump_0607_04z+ford_mustang_gt_500+front_drivers_side_view.jpg

I know a girl that bought a 67 Ford Mustang GT its meant to be savage. She got it imported from the States. Once she got it she brought it up to a bodyshop to get a few things done to it and i think she got a kit and it fully resprayed. If anyones interested in them i'll see if i can get a pic as i think shes collecting it tonight.

The company was Unique Performance of Dallas. The last I heard was they were shut down after they were accused of using car bodies that may have been stolen as they had had their original VIN numbers removed. Chip Foose broke off all ties to the company as soon as it looked as if there had been wrong-doing going on. Carroll Shelby also also pulled his licensing agreement with Unique Performance as soon as it began to look dodgy.

Real shame as the cars were beautifully restored.

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/8955389/mump_0607_04z+ford_mustang_gt_500+front_drivers_side_view.jpg

Thaks for the up date bud did not have a clue about this. I think the guy with the super snake was a baseball player called Jason geombi(sp) Wonder if his was a knicked shell? guess he'd me mighty p*$$ed.

Thaks for the up date bud did not have a clue about this. I think the guy with the super snake was a baseball player called Jason geombi(sp) Wonder if his was a knicked shell? guess he'd me mighty p*$$ed.

Indeed he would!

I once had a 1973 Mach 1 with the 351 Cleveland motor. We removed all the emissions rubbish from it too to let the thing breathe a little as well as add a twin exhaust system with Cherry-Bomb 'silencers'. These didn't actually do much in the way of silencing it though - if you stood behind it while it was being revved, it sounded like a couple of repeating shotguns and you could feel your whole insides move from the intensity of the sound!

Great low down grunt and acceleration off the line, but over about 60 there really wasn't much there in comparison to modern stuff. Handling was akin to an old bed, but it still made me grin to drive it through town. :)