The mkiv Supra Owners Club

still looking for my supra

Guest mental

Guest mental

hi all

still looking for my supra i keep missing them or they are too far away or too much anyway would prefer a manual but would not mind a auto either in a ideal world i would like the same as in the pic i found on ebay manual or auto this one is too far away but i think looks the nuts ill prob max out at £2300 for the right car also i dont want to travel a billion miles to get it got a feeling i might have too though any help people would be appriciated

thanks

its on ebay at the mo item no 290286787399

just to give you an idea of what i want

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mental

hi

yes i would agree a little while ago it would not but at the moment and over the next few months they are going to drop a lot cos of the way things are i hate to say it cos i want one but if people can keep hold of there supras and ride it out the supras like the red one in the pic iv been looking for over the months have all gone quickly for under my budget just not quick enough.

Guest mental

i must admit i am temted by the black one but im trying to hold out for one with a kit

though i do find myself looking back at the black one for the money

If your budget is £2300 for buying the car which to be honest is small, what are you going to use to run it?

Can you actually afford one?

As buying one and then trying to come to terms with running costs is only going to cost you even more money! When you have sell it on again after a few months. Best maybe to save some more :)

todd

how much was he asking wondering weather or not its worth getting it transported

Drop him an email mate, hell of a nice bloke.

Some stone chips around the car and as he said in the advert the door handles really are pink compared to the rest of the car.

Engine sounded sweet, went through the gears no problem, only thing that concerned me was the heater, wasn't especially warm but it was a sub zero day and may be down to that.

----------------

Now playing: Seal - Amazing (Album Version)

Guest mental

running costs not fussed about just gonna be a weekend toy just sold twin turbo subaru 18 to the gallon so this is not a prob i have two other cars and a motorbike that only does 20 to the gallon also so im used high running costs just dont want to part with the other motor i want it all

Hmmmm there are supes available in that price bracket but take it from a man that bought one of these "bargain" supras a couple of years back. Be very careful what you buy. I bought a proper pile of pants and only just managed to get rid of it back to the greedy git that sold me it at a fair sized loss. For that money I would personally look at a well documented 1JZ mk3 supra.

Guest mental

im expecting a little work and dont mind a bit of work i have already had two mark 3 supes with the classic head gasket probs amongst others also being a 3 door whale tail cosworth owner biggest pile of crap ever had nothing will ever get close to what a bad move that was that cost thousands and for a crappy ford nice it was so bad i just wanted rid when i sorted it i sold sorry give it away for £1500 it left that bad a mark on me so with toyotas engine reliability as opposed to fords im not too worried

Guest mental

yup just wanted rid didnt help being fooked over by mates nice 10 years ago now so im ready to get fooked over again lol yippeee

Guest sundog
i must admit i am temted by the black one but im trying to hold out for one with a kit

though i do find myself looking back at the black one for the money

Well hurry up fella cos I'm walking round it thinking do I really want to sell this car!,I have 2 cars for sale the one that dosent sell first is saved,the other cars a mondeo :taped: ........it is still for sale and you must be quite close to me as I see you are in Essex,i'm in Suffolk.

Sundog

Guest sundog
Hmmmm there are supes available in that price bracket but take it from a man that bought one of these "bargain" supras a couple of years back. Be very careful what you buy. I bought a proper pile of pants and only just managed to get rid of it back to the greedy git that sold me it at a fair sized loss. For that money I would personally look at a well documented 1JZ mk3 supra.

Mk3!!................................. £1,600 to £2000 nowdays will get you a decent mk4 n/a, £500 will get you a mint Aristo!!!

Sundog