The mkiv Supra Owners Club

reverse lights!! confused.com!!

Carbon_Bullet

i have looked through serveral other forums none of which have the same problem as me :( my rear brake lights all work fine except my reverse lights, i have changed the bulbs and checked fuses etc. just carnt understand why my reverse ligts dont work?? i have wired up a fog light which runs off other wires but my reverse lights where working fine for months. now my MOT is due my supra has decided to give me grief! only other thing i hvent checked is maybe a problem near the gearbos when you select reverse, anyone had the same problem or have any info?

cheers chris

nope checked and rewired all loose looking connections with a proper wiring kit. and then checked again. deffo nothing to do with the connections, fog light works fine, brake lights all work fine, indicators work fine. just reverse lights, i know it will end up being something simple!!

took my dash off around the gear knob noticed a blue wire going under the metal plate which is screwed down with four screws, took that off and the wire was just hanging there? do you have a wire going into your gearbox area from inside the car? that might be something!!

Just checked my wiring diagrams; The reverse light fuse is in the left side kick panel position E12, feeds to the reverse switch at the left side of the transmission(gearbox) which then feeds in a red/black cable through the main lighting harness to each back light cluster.

Check fuse first, then check at red/black cable and also check white/black from reverse light(s) to earth.

Rgds

George