The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nature strikes in my garden

Tom

Just went into the garden and saw this, so I whipped the camcorder out,

don't watch if you don't like seeing the cruel reality of nature!

QxdtZXN3cQ0

any idea's on what bird it is? I've never seen anything like that in my garden before :blink:

And what a mess its making! I bet it won't consider clearing that up before he leaves! :rolleyes:

Good to see though, I must say. :)

he's gone, I turned the camera off which beeped then he flew off with it's kill to the tree's

just a pile of feathers left now :)

yeah it does look like a sparrow hawk :)

i just to fly harris hawks and sparrowhawks untill last yesr and that is a sparrowhawk nice vid

A fellow Austringer :)

I flew hawks ( never had the ground / quarry for a falcon) for about thirty years brilliant fun.

Love Spars, had some memorable flights at pheasants, but they never managed to down them, I did have a little Musket that hit a cock pheasant on the rise and rode it for a while looking like a jocky on a horse :)

Had Goshawks and Harris's and my last one I had for about fifteen years (female Harris) who took pheasants, rabbits (lots) and a Cairn terrier in front of it's family on a Sunday walk - very frightening :(

Have promised myself I'll get back to it someday, maybe try a falcon, got a good mate who breeds Peregrine x Gyr, great big lumps :D

[grin][/grin]:D

Is anyone else having probs viewing Youtoob? I cant see the vid.

I can't see it either.

Edit. I can now.

That's nature for you. I regularly get a pile of pigeon feathers on my lawn but haven't managed to spot the killer yet.