The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krypton Factor

RiceRocket

It's back. :)

*for those born mid-1980s onwards it's not about Superman*

The Krypton Factor

ITV 1 7:30pm to 8:00pm

Ben Shephard hosts a new series of the game show, originally presented by Gordon Burns and running from 1978 to 1995. To win a place in the semi-finals, four contestants are tested on their memory, logic and general knowledge, as well as tackling the infamous army assault course, which promises to be more gruelling than ever

Anyone else remember this fine programme?

God, I'd just met my future wife when that first aired. Still had long hair and a motorbike. That was the year I found out that Southampton landladies were not as friendly as Northumbrian / Berwickshire ones. 'Soap' was the funniest program on at the time IIRR.

The assault course is a waste of space. Its not even properly head to head so they have no idea how well or how badly they are actually doing.

Bring back the original assault course, and also stop helping them across the balance beam and the rope swing. If they cant do it let them lay where they fall.

• 1 year later...
The assault course is a waste of space. Its not even properly head to head so they have no idea how well or how badly they are actually doing.

Bring back the original assault course, and also stop helping them across the balance beam and the rope swing. If they cant do it let them lay where they fall.

H&S

Anneka Rice was on TV the other day saying the stuff that she used to do would never be allowed nowadays, she used to be injured in pretty much every show apparently!!

I love Krypton Factor (and any other 80s shows to be honest). Does anyone remember about a year or so ago that you could see an hour of Bullseye then an hour of the original Krypton Factor on freeview every sunday? Those were good days :D

Speaking of how hardcore it was, there was a contestant who broke their ankle on the assault course and still completed it, awesome. She had a cast on back in the studio when they did the other stuff.