The mkiv Supra Owners Club

X5 ?

Dnk

Anybody got one ? found lots of info but looking for a more personal opinion.

Chatted to a guy with an 05 reg earlier and he reckoned he could get 40 mpg out of his and was fantastic at everything, couldnt fault it !

Im thinking around 03-04 reg X5 3.0 diesel sport

Cheers

Dunk

I just bought a disco but we did seriously consider the x5 as it is well rated as a 4x4. we needed something a little more rough and ready as we use it off road and for towing horse trailers so didn't want to spoil an x5. For similar money, maybe a little more, you could get a Kia Sorento - one of the best performing 4x4s in its class. We couldn't stretch to one or we would have gone for that, excellent MPG and some models have the 3.5t limit to match the disco. My missus did a lot of research into 4x4s and the kia won on most levels.

But then again your still buying a Kia :p

Was my reaction at first, I laughed when she said we should get a Kia. When you look at the feedback and the specs/performance they can't be beaten. Except maybe by the tourag, but that is twice the price nearly.

A capable motor for the money, IF you can get past the badge...

Actually - I think the missus did a spreadsheet comparing various 4x4s I can dig it out if anyone wants it (if she kept it). She does stuff like that. I just go for whatever looks nice...

ive got an x5 and absolutely love it, test drove quite a few 4x4's before i went for it.

I find its great for comfort mine is a petrol 3.0 sport very nippy considering. never really look at the avg mpg, will have to check that out.

Havent been able to find any fault with it apart from i cant get the playstation to work thats wired up to headrest screens!!! but no matter i cant play and drive.

Anybody got one ? found lots of info but looking for a more personal opinion.

Chatted to a guy with an 05 reg earlier and he reckoned he could get 40 mpg out of his and was fantastic at everything, couldnt fault it !

Im thinking around 03-04 reg X5 3.0 diesel sport

Cheers

Dunk

Dunk you tart, how many more car's do you need? :D