The mkiv Supra Owners Club

330mm Rear Brake Discs

dandan

330-333mm really Rob; 340 would be too large but thanks for the info.

Chris - on your ftp site you have an "AMG Brakes" folder and photo. They look like the 8 pot Brembo calipers designed for 360mm OD, 36mm thick discs. Do you know what discs the actual ones in your photo are? Are they Mercedes or aftermarket?

Assuming about a 13 inch AP race disc, about 230 for a standard disc. Bells about 110 each for the first ones, less for more, once the CNC file is done. They would be hard anodised afyer machining. Bolts about 20 a disc. You can have floating discs for not a lot more, which would be far better on a road car upright.

OK thanks Chris - I will do some measuring and drawing and get a few details uptogether.

I can probably get the bells made so there's no major problem there as long as I make them to suit the discs....Correct me if I am wrong...with a fully floating setup, the bells still have round holes for the bolts/fittings and the "float" is accomadated for in the elongated holes on the disc. Is that right?

Also - I have seen a few aluminium rear bells around. Is that ok for handbrake usage?

You can have the float in the discs, or in the bells. Cheapest and most durable is in the discs. The bells then have normal round holes in them. Hard anodising helps prolong the life of the friction face in the bell, but so long as you only use the handbrake as a parking brake, and for the MOT test, and not for handbrake turns, they are fine.

• 3 weeks later...