The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kids Will Not Go To Sleep

mr lover

My mum actually said that she misses when me and my brothers were little, seeing our faces on Christmas as we opened our presents. I understand howe she feels, but I'll never really understand until I have my own...

As you get older, the magic just fades and it's another holiday where you have to spend loads of money and get stressed!! :(

Ellis (5) wouldn't drop off at all. I sent him to bed at 9 (responsible parent...:D) I went up about half an hour later and he was wide awake, another half hour passed and he was still the same.

I needed to wrap some of his presents but they were hidden in my wardrobe and I had to pass his room to get them downstairs (where santa was.....;))

He's just got up and examined the remains of the mince pie and carrot for traces of beard hair......:D

H.

He's just got up and examined the remains of the mince pie and carrot for traces of beard hair......:D

H.

You have a beard???? :innocent:

Our 21mnt and 3.5yr olds went to bed at normal time..

21mnt woke up three times last night, normally sleeps through and then was awake at 04:30ish.. and he doesn't really get what's going on.

Bit like his Dad..

Worrying when you have to fake forensic evidence to fool a 5 year old.. ;)

Isn't it.....:rolleyes:

He is already very inquisitive and wants to know the ins and outs of everything. He is concerned that Santa may find it difficult to get around 60 Million people with so few helpers, now they had to lay Elves off with the credit crunch and all.

He also wanted to know how Santa gets down our chinmey as we have a wall mounted gas fire??:D

H.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas...

Mine was ok but it was rather boring to be honest...

I didn't get to see my Son at Christmas so I was gutted about that...:(

So on Christmas eve, I drowned my sorrows and got very drunk on Whisky...:D

I had to visit the big white telephone a few times for a techni-coloured yawn and woke up the next morning with a mahoosive hangover!

I went to bed with the room spinning and as Nat said, when that happens I automatically know that I am going to blow chunks!! :D

Anyway, I didnt eat anything and just drank water all morning but luckily I managed my Charistmas dinner and even kept it down...:D

I was eight or nine. We were spending Christmas in Ford castle, near Wooler in Northumberland...a couple of my fathers friends were running an activity centre there IIRR. My fathers friends lived in a part of the castle on the first floor. Christmas eve was spent walking the surrounding grounds and woods, building a snowman then a hot bath and after my sisters were tucked up in my parents room, we had hot toddies and ghost stories before I went to bed.

The castle was haunted, we were told. We were even shown the landing where the ghost often appeared. The landing was only a short distance from our room...not really conducive to getting a kid to sleep the night before Christmas. I remember being extremely scared and I felt that having the haunted hall between my room and the adults enjoying themselves elsewhere was very unfair. But I eventually nodded off I suppose, only to be awoken much later by a very strange noise.

It sounded like someone or something was lightly scraping the wood paneled walls in the room next to mine...the noise repeated itself, getting louder then quieter then louder again...a sort of shhhh'ing noise.

I shouted out for dad, several times and the noise stopped...seconds later dad appeared at the door and despite my fears, told me there was nothing to worry about and to get to sleep. Again, I dropped off, but was again woken by the same noise. This time I got up, ran for the door and out...only to run straight into my mother. I tearfully told her there was a ghost in the room next to mine...she cuddled me and laughed. 'Lets go and find dad' she said, then led me into the 'haunted' room. As she pushed the door open, I saw a large open fire, the room was dark but the flames lit up the wooden panelling with a gorgeous glow. There were garlands of holly along the mantlepiece, and the largest Christmas tree I'd ever seen in the corner. Candles were everywhere. My father and his friend were sat cross-legged on the old wooden floor, drinks in their hands. As I dried my eyes, I realised they were sat in the middle of a very large model railway track. The noises I'd heard were the sound of the train on the wooden floor. There were boxes and wrapping paper all over the floor, they had succumbed to the temptation of setting it all up and playing with it before wrapping.

So, off to bed again, and tucked in. I did sleep this time, and awoke to the best Christmas I ever remember having.