The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11 day old baby

JamieP

Hold her to you chest, facing away from you. Your arms are just below and just above the bottom of her ribcage.

Then bob up and down at the knees.

I used to help my sister out when her daughter (my niece) had chronic wind. Worked a treat on her.

Buy ear plugs and a crate of beer... works wonders :D

But as RedM says, support against the chest (facing you is what I did) and just gently bounce up and down while gently patting on the back at about 100 per minute.

They are only small but can produce some real corkers!!! :D

My boy's only 3 month now, and he had problems with wind. I used 3 techniques, and normally one worked! I used to pat his back, then if that failed, rub his back up and down. Then grab him by the chest and the back and spin him round on my knee (if that makes sense). ! of them always worked, and gripe water helped as well.

Thanks for the advice guys, ill try anything to settle her.

Is she being breast or bottle fed? If bottle ask the midwife if they would recommend a change in formula:)

Vicki x

Hey Vicki i was hoping you would reply.

She was on breast for the first week but Leigh was not getting on well with it and the baby was always starving so we put her on the bottle a few days back.

She has been a dream baby and just sleeping and eating but after a couple of days on the bottle the wind started, she is using the doc brown bottles that are supposed to help but the little love is still suffering.

Midwife and health visitor are both coming tomorrow so hoping for some good advice there.

Breaks my heart seeing her in pain:(

That's the trouble with bottles, they cause wind. Jack was fine one the breast but very windy when he went to bottles after a couple of days. One of the best ways we have found with our two, was to sit them one your knee, and slowly rock them back and fowards or side to side. This worked when patting their backs didn't.

Takes me back - I can still sing 100 verses of daisy daisy whilst bobbing up and down on my feet...

...some blame the alcohol...but we know the angst the 'gripes' can cause..:(

Poor thing... before you know it you will be holding her head as she throws up after too many vodka and red bulls :)

My eldest used to have bottles that were basically a hollow tube into which you put a plastic bag and filled that with milk. As the milk is drunk, the bag collapses on itself making it impossible to suck in any air. Cant remember what they were called, but they worked very well. They used to be available from Boots.

My Lewis is the same Jamie he has got really bad wind and you can see the pain in there face, gripe water can only be used if baby is older than 1 month. What we found works for us is:

1,Baby facing toward's you head about shoulder hight and pat between the shoulder blades and don't be to scared to pat them.

2,Sit them on your knee facing to the side slightly tilted over abit and pat away again.

3,Face them forwards holding them with one hand supporting there head make sure they are sort of lying down forwards legs out straight as possible and then pat there back again.

Hope this helps fella best of luck;)

With both of mine they had wind for the 1st month or so. My mum told me to sit them upright on my knee so their back was straight . Then slowly lean them to their left until about 45 degrees then back up straight. If you repeat it 3/4 times they used to burp like just downed a pint of lager lol ;) It supposedly something to do with the shape of their stomach and the bubble of air at the top of it. Mums eh? Full of worldy wisdom :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.