The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ten chains 'face closure' in 2009

RedM

I think Whittard's may be one... but it's not exactly a retail giant.

Good call!!

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/081223/214/icugb.html

Tuesday December 23, 10:17 AM

Whittards on the brink of collapse

Elsewhere on the High Street, menswear chain The Officers Club is also reported to be considering the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers as an administrator.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still amazes me that Halfords has no direct high street competition. Motor factors are the closest it gets to competition, but their range tends to be smaller than Halfords, and often less welcoming if you're not into cars.

Motorworld, although they are sh1te as they never have any decent stuff in and then take about 2 months to order things in and there over priced.

So we aren't still in the boom and bust economy style of the eighties anymore? Only we just had a boom and now alot of very old and established firms are going bust. Hmmm I'm gonna call BS on that one.

Gordon Brown, when he became chancellor back in 1997, also famously said "I won't let house prices get out of control".

Why public opinion of him is high, I do not know.

Gordon Brown, when he became chancellor back in 1997, also famously said "I won't let house prices get out of control".

Why public opinion of him is high, I do not know.

Well if you were a dole scrounging resource sponging waste to society getting paid to sit at hoime wanking yourself into a coma to Jeremy Kyle guests, would you vote for anyone else?

While the bennifits underclass are getting paid to blight this land we will have this Labour government.

Irritatingly if Clegg wasn't so anti-personal transport the Lib Dems would be in with a real good chance at the next GA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...