The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Supra Brakes to fit an MR2 Turbo

HERBIE

Does anyone know if it is a very complicated job to get this setup done? I've decided to keep my mr2 now as after gettin a better ecu for it its runnin like a dream now that the boost comes online soo much earlier

the stock brakes are rubbish and really want to upgrade,and think the UK Supra setup would be a good setup to have but not sure how much modification etc is required

Can anyone help me out on this?

thanks

Anythings possible with the right amount of money... Get some caliper mounts made up, discs, bigger wheels. Is it the front or rear wheels on the MR that foul the shocks if theyre too big? I cant remember. Cant IMOC help?

Have a set of EBC grooved and drilled discs ordered and have a set of deep dish 18's off me Supra that will fit with some suspension adjustments,no sure to be honest about the shock issue as i've not had the car long and still reading up on them

IMOC,that some sort of Owners club?

IMOC is THE owners club for MR2's matey, imoc.co.uk, they have done pretty much everything that can be done to MR2's. I always found mr2oc.co.uk to be pretty helpful as well.

Cheers Dave.have joined mr2oc already,didnt even know about the IMOC.will register now :D

• 2 weeks later...
I think I saw somewhere that ST205 GT-Four brakes fit the MR2 SW20.......

I dummied up a set of MKiii turbo disc at 305mm on mine (Rev2 on fronts). You will need to remove the dust guard, back space the disc 5mm (as they are thinner discs) and have an adaptor made to move the stock calliper out the difference radially. With a set of CarboTec pads all round you will be doing endo's. However, an MR2 has a very fine front to rear brake balance so you will need a proportional valve in the rear line to correct this or you will be locking the fronts up all the time or p1ssing the ABS off.

Lyndon.