The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arnout cast manifold

paul mac

Wez

being the resident cast manifold guru :D, i am seriously considering going this route what are your thoughts on http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=325&phot_key=893 ,these look reasonable with a considerable amount of "meat" round the wastegate area to head off the overboost issues associated with some manifolds, i know the Arnout manifold is the definative solution but they are getting hard to get hold of

Wez

being the resident cast manifold guru :D, i am seriously considering going this route what are your thoughts on http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=325&phot_key=893 ,these look reasonable with a considerable amount of "meat" round the wastegate area to head off the overboost issues associated with some manifolds, i know the Arnout manifold is the definative solution but they are getting hard to get hold of

Not seen that one before.

Looks like a modded turbonetics which is similar to mine, the wastegate area on that looks huge though.

A while back there was another cast manifold being flashed about which had round shapped runners, I havent been able to find it since :(

See if they'll say whether it's made of Ni-Resist cast iron, a high nickel content alloy that's designed for high heat applications. Normal grey iron may well crack, or distort. The reason stock TT manifolds, and stock Skyline GTR manifolds don't crack, warp or cause ANY issues is they are made of Ni-Resist.

See if they'll say whether it's made of Ni-Resist cast iron, a high nickel content alloy that's designed for high heat applications. Normal grey iron may well crack, or distort. The reason stock TT manifolds, and stock Skyline GTR manifolds don't crack, warp or cause ANY issues is they are made of Ni-Resist.

i will "shoot" them an email (as our American friends might say :D)

however they do guarantee them for life, quite whos or what life that means in reality i dont know :D, after doing a bit of research the general consensus over on SF is they are a Turbonetics knock off with beefed up wastegate area, apparently, internally they are a bit rough and ready but i am sure the manifold would clean up nice and the wastegate area has enough meat on it to throw whichever wastegate you want at it, thanks for the input Chris

Shame they aren't high nickel cast iron, but the design looks quite good, and if it cracks they promise replacement. I'd be tempted to give it a go :)

thanks Chris, yes i am tempted just wish the b*****d exchange rate wasn't so poor, its like living in a third world country :eyebrows:

Wez

Am i right in thinking you made 590hp on the Induction Motorsport manifold which was a Turbonetics which would appear is now a Treadstone Performance :blink:, this detective work is giving me a head ache, or is the 590hp on the Arnout manifold

Correct, I havent finished my Arnout setup yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.