The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend a London hotel

GeordieSteve

Now then folks I come requesting information once again! I've managed (and very happy I am as well!!) to get tickets to ACDC at Wembley today so I'm looking for a hotel to stay in for two nights in London. I'm looking for somewhere close to all the sights in London (don't ask me like what, I'm lost outside of Plumstead sadly) but easy enough to get to and from Wembley by taxi. I'm looking for a decent hotel (4 or 5 star) if possible.

Cheers folks!

Steve "Northern Monkey"

the hilton is the option best mate, i live about 5mins away, it is a bus ride from everything you would want to see in london, Even the hotel in wembley is right by the new wembley underground station, the area is ok now but not anything of any great interest.

5 star places, The Berkely, The Hyde park, The Dorchester, The Hemple ( very modernist), The landmark, The Intercontinental, these are all central london,eg, park lane area, just a tube ride away from Wembley.

enough for you:D

good lord, can you imagine the prices of those places.

LOL the Dorchester will have a Bugatti Veyron outside, it is normally there all the time, so you can imagine the cost of that place.

... must have a pop past the Dorchester!

Nothing I like better tho than staying in a fancy hotel when me and the ex look like we've just stepped out of a mosh pit :D Simple pleasures

Depends what you're after.

you couldn't get more central than the ones on that list.

The Berkeley is just around the corner from Harrods, If you;re into museums, The natural History, the Science & the Victoria & Albert are within walking distance. All the usual tourist sights are reasonably close, eg Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar square

Any of the others are a short cab ride away from Soho/covent garden & leicester square.

Also forgot the Ritz,that's Green park / Picadilly ....if the missus is into her shopping, there's Oxford street.

Hold on .......this is turning into a bloody book :blink::blink: :D

I stayed 2 nights in the Swissotel in Temple. Nice hotel, great location for all of central London. Go for the premium river view room like I did as you get a great view of the river, Houses of Parliament and of the London Eye. It will only set you back about £200 a night which is very good for that part of London.

http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Destinations/United%20Kingdom/Swissotel%20The%20Howard/Hotel%20Home/Hotel%20Home.htm

The Top Secret Hotels on Lastminute.com can be good value.

The best two Top Secret i've stayed at are the Athenaeum (by Green Park) and The Mayfair. Both are 5 star.

It is pretty easy to work out which hotels they are.

Also, Hoteldoorman.com has some good offers. You can search by Tube Station

The Riverside Park Plaza is on Top Secret, you can spot it by the Japanese Restaurant.

Staying there NYE :) Have a suite with a river view in the residence part, the girlfirend and 2-3 bottles of champagne lined up :) Gonna be great.

http://www.plazaontheriver.co.uk/

The Cavendish is pretty good but costly

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d192116-Reviews-The_Cavendish_London-London_England.html

Also stayed in Twenty Nevern square, it's a little townhouse but gives something different. Stayed in the Pasha suite, nice bath and lovely bed and a spacious room. The breakfast was a huge cold continental selection, was lovely and the balcony and windows gave a good refreshing view into a small park/square.

http://www.twentynevernsquare.co.uk/rooms.htm

You won't get that quality a room in a hotel for anywhere near £159 .... the Ottoman suite sounded lovely with a huge rolltop bath in the centre.