The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what next after bpu

mellonman

hi to all

just thinking what comes next after bpu i have done these mods already.

hks pannel filter

255 fuel pump

de cated

striaght through exhaust

front mount intercooler

apexi boost control

ngk spark plugs

i have a jspec auto with stock turbos dont want to go single is there realy more up grades to do:search:

Loads,i`ll list a few;

Hybrid turbos

Cams

Water injection

Ecu or maybe piggyback

Brakes

Suspension

Hyrbids - waste of money

Cams - tiny gain might be possible, but will need a new ECU

Water injection - good from a safety point of view but won't give any real power unless it's mapped in

ECU - worthwhile, but little gain for high cost

Brakes - very worthwhile

Suspension & geo - very worthwhile

Once you're at BPU going to the next level will mean either going the single route (VERY expensive), or making expensive upgrades for very little gain

You'd be best off making the rest of the car perform well, all that power is pointless without the brakes and handling sorted out :)

Hyrbids - waste of money

Cams - tiny gain might be possible, but will need a new ECU

Water injection - good from a safety point of view but won't give any real power unless it's mapped in

ECU - worthwhile, but little gain for high cost

Brakes - very worthwhile

Suspension & geo - very worthwhile

Once you're at BPU going to the next level will mean either going the single route (VERY expensive), or making expensive upgrades for very little gain

You'd be best off making the rest of the car perform well, all that power is pointless without the brakes and handling sorted out :)

I wish I'd read this before I killed my car..(bpu+ and jspec brakes)

You could do well to invest in a piggyback system like the Emanage blue or Ultimate and extract more potential from your existing setup from a decent mapper.

If you had money to spend you and are looking to extract every last ounce from the stock turbo based setup you could go with:

Duct the front mount intercooler

Trac butterfly delete (not sure if this is recommended on autos though)

EManage Ultimate

HKS DLI

256/264 Cams

Water injection

You may need bigger injectors from a UK spec (with resistor pack) if you start making decent power at 1.2bar...no big deal if you have an Emanage.

I would recommend making sure the suspension is good to the point where you can actually get power down to the road and be confident in the the car behaves on the limit. Depending on what you like (in terms of handling) a decent set of tyres and alignment check/adjust may get you all the roadholding you want.

very true guys

i have uk brakes and green stuff pads looks like the suspension is next

Green stuff pads are probably the worse things you could use, they are utterly useless on a car of this spec.. they might be okay for a Saxo, but not on a performance car! Get some decent pads in there ASAP and you will notice a remarkable difference.

what pads are best?? i was told they are good the green stuff???? i know some one whos got them on a FTO

Try a search on brake pads you will find a variety of good quality pads that will improve brake performance beyond that achieved with standard pads. Don't just take someones word as good advice. There are, unfortunately, too many people who talk utter crap, but sound convincing. If you sift through the rubbish you will find good advice on this BBS.

Try a search on brake pads you will find a variety of good quality pads that will improve brake performance beyond that achieved with standard pads. Don't just take someones word as good advice. There are, unfortunately, too many people who talk utter crap, but sound convincing. If you sift through the rubbish you will find good advice on this BBS.

thanks for that:) i will take a look