The mkiv Supra Owners Club

63-67mm Turbo .81ar +VWR type manifold

StuartW

I Have finally decided what way to go with my Road and drag supra's.

I need to replace the GT35R believed to be 58mm turbine with .68ar hotside housing. I am after more flow top end whilst using a standard head and block.

I am after something slightly bigger like a 63mm .81 housing turbo.

I am not worried about the dbb part for a 200rpm lag gain but if a DBB is around for the right money i would go for it.

I also have a VWR 4" dp and MP so i am still interested in an exhaust manifold and atmospheric wastegate for the drag car....

Stuart

Stuart, i still have my 67dbb .96AR that was on my personal supra, $900 + delivery with no shaft play. it has the polished ported H housing.

And if you can't find a manifold, i can source both VWR and BL tubular manifolds.

hi kyles i am put off it because of the .96ar. surely that will make a laggy powerband for a non built motor?

can you supply a .81 for it?

what figures did you run with this and a basic specs list..i.e spool,cams exhaust dia etc..

I had the BL auto with 264 cams. Spool was laggy compared to the .81 but i had nitrous on the car so it didn't bother me. I also only had 3" exhaust so that hurt the spool some as well.

I can source the .81AR, I can swap to the .81AR. I would have two options at that point.

I can do $1100 with BOTh .96 and .81 AR included and you can figure out which you prefer, or i can do $1050 for just the turbo with the .81AR and i'll try and sell the .96AR housing seperately to someone here in the states.

I had the BL auto with 264 cams. Spool was laggy compared to the .81 but i had nitrous on the car so it didn't bother me. I also only had 3" exhaust so that hurt the spool some as well.

I can source the .81AR, I can swap to the .81AR. I would have two options at that point.

I can do $1100 with BOTh .96 and .81 AR included and you can figure out which you prefer, or i can do $1050 for just the turbo with the .81AR and i'll try and sell the .96AR housing seperately to someone here in the states.

that works out about £733 with the crap $-£ plus delivery?

how much is it as is..i could try to source the housing through the forums?

what about feed line and return fitting..Also is it water cooled too?

Any pics of the turbo? will it directly replace a

GT35RDBB?

Stuart, this is the actual turbo:

It is water and oil cooled. I dont have any oil/feed lines but i can get the BL oil/feed kit and i can make you some water lines fairly cheap using some good AN fittings and such. The BL oil/feed kit is $180USD and the water lines are generally $75 to make.

PM me and we can discuss more if you'd like.

Stuart - I am getting a 0.81 A/R turbo from Kyle but have sourced a 0.68 housing as well here in the UK as I want more bottom end grunt. I could sell you the 0.81 housing if you wish and you could use that with the 0.96 turbo from Kyle? Kyle - I hope that isn't treading on your toes at all?...just trying to help.

Stuart - I am getting a 0.81 A/R turbo from Kyle but have sourced a 0.68 housing as well here in the UK as I want more bottom end grunt. I could sell you the 0.81 housing if you wish and you could use that with the 0.96 turbo from Kyle? Kyle - I hope that isn't treading on your toes at all?...just trying to help.

not at all mate as long as we all get where we want. £? pm..

maybe we could even share carriage?

What about me having a .68?

My GT35R was 57mm turbine with .68ar, if i had a 67mm with .68ar as well surely that would bring me what i need? has anyone done this?

10mm more flow on the turbine must move the powerband up the rev range say 800rpm at a guess..am i way out?...

And hopefully reduce the lag factor of a .81?

is there anything between .68 and .81?

Kyles got a whole bunch of bits headed my way after Christmas (although he's waiting for me to finalize the full list and pay him) and I'm about to worry him even more by asking about a clutch! I'm not sure if there'd be any saving with the weight of a second turbo but I don't really know....

How soon are you planning on getting that turbo? Are you in a desperate rush as I know mine won't be here before the 2nd week of Jan....sound fair Kyle?

haha i love you guys!! Yea everything thus far sounds great. I can ship everything to one location if you guys are fairly close to each other. Shipping would be alot cheaper going in bulk but i do have to account for the weight and size but again its cheaper for sure.

Stuart, your just after the plate and not the whole clutch right?

And Dan, you need the entire clutch right?

haha i love you guys!! Yea everything thus far sounds great. I can ship everything to one location if you guys are fairly close to each other. Shipping would be alot cheaper going in bulk but i do have to account for the weight and size but again its cheaper for sure.

Stuart, your just after the plate and not the whole clutch right?

And Dan, you need the entire clutch right?

yes mate just the plate as per your pm.

Stuart, if you can and i dont mean to rush you, shoot me a PM on this turbo your thinking about. I have another guy asking if he can purchase it and told him I'd still let you have first dibs since we discussed it in this thread today.

And when i hear back from Dan on the clutch, i'll likely to get those ordered up from RPS since they have it in stock.

Stuart, if you can and i dont mean to rush you, shoot me a PM on this turbo your thinking about. I have another guy asking if he can purchase it and told him I'd still let you have first dibs since we discussed it in this thread today.

And when i hear back from Dan on the clutch, i'll likely to get those ordered up from RPS since they have it in stock.

Is the turbo the rebuilt one?

I AM very interested please give me first dibbs.

I am un decided on ar over .81 (available from another member) or a .68? any thoughts on this?

i need a clutch plate and the price seems good and i have never had any problems dealing with you. pm,d full list.. Stu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.