The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT complete.

marcAB10

Ok. Just sent a Pm to Keron..!!

I want to do the NA - TT swap just after Christmas, what parts will I need ideally??

I want to end up with a reasonably loud BPU TT5 Supra.....:) I take it that FMIC would also be a good move. What happens to the ECU? Will I also need a boost controller??

Thanks

H.

I should imagine that keron will use the TT ECU from the donar car, and you will need a mechanical or electrical boost controller to limit the boost at BPU level. A FMIC is not needed if you are supplied with a good condition SMIC.

Ok. Just sent a Pm to Keron..!!

I want to do the NA - TT swap just after Christmas, what parts will I need ideally??

I want to end up with a reasonably loud BPU TT5 Supra.....:) I take it that FMIC would also be a good move. What happens to the ECU? Will I also need a boost controller??

Thanks

H.

:search: why would you do that mate,

no disrespect but if you can afford a tt then surely thats the way to go, the resale value of a n/a tt will never be as good as a normal tt, i realize you have a nice n/a and selling it will lose you money on it, but converting it to a tt with a 5 speed box will also lose you money:blink: just my opinion but if i was in your shoes i would sell the n/a and get a nice 6 speed tt;)

Gaz makes a good point there - the prices of some tt6's are amazing , but by the time Havard come to sell it if he ever does ;) will the price of these cars not be slow that it'll be pennys difference between them anyway :( ?

Plus if his car is bodywise how he wants it ?

Its a tough call..

:search: why would you do that mate,

no disrespect but if you can afford a tt then surely thats the way to go, the resale value of a n/a tt will never be as good as a normal tt, i realize you have a nice n/a and selling it will lose you money on it, but converting it to a tt with a 5 speed box will also lose you money:blink: just my opinion but if i was in your shoes i would sell the n/a and get a nice 6 speed tt;)

Gaz makes a good point there - the prices of some tt6's are amazing , but by the time Havard come to sell it if he ever does ;) will the price of these cars not be slow that it'll be pennys difference between them anyway :( ?

Plus if his car is bodywise how he wants it ?

Its a tough call..

It's not as if this decision has been taken lightly and it has frustrated my so much that I thought "f*ck it, just get a 911 and be done with it"....:D

My car looks pretty much as I would want it to. I may go for an aftermarket front bumper in the future and adjust the suspension set up slightly but I am not finding a TT6 anywhere after a couple of months of looking. There is a black facelift on here that is as close as I would like to buying one. It's up for 9k, lets say I get 4K for mine. I still have a deficit of 5k and I still won't have uk brakes??

I plan to chuck about 4K at my car next year as a cheaper option than above (TT conversion & UK brake set up). I reckon this move will save me 2k up front on swapping to a TT6. Whether I would get the 2k back on the TT6 eventually is anyones guess with prices being up and down like a brides nighty.....:blink:

I also believe that the TT5 is quicker acceleration as it has lower gear ratios. I probably won't want to go above 380 Bhp so this seems like a good option for me as long as the NA 5sp will take the power. I have mulled over this for a while and the bottom line is that I look at my Supe and it puts a big grin on my face, I really do not want to change the car to an unknown. My car as it's faults but they are tiny compared to some of the others out there..!!

H.

SNAP..

Mine is going in for a TT & 6spd conversion in jan, For the same reason... I know what Gaz means by buying the tt but think your in the same boat as me! spent a bit getting the car how you want it and the loss of profit from that + not just the price of the difference from sale of n/a to a tt but also getting it back to how you want it can be alot and quite a pain!

if i hadn't mod'ed mine so much i would have sold it and bought new.. but i've become too attached to the bugger now so conversion it is!

Good luck with your project!!

I go along with H and IDO. I've spent a bundle on my N/A and would rather stick with it and swap the N/A block for a TT rather than start from afresh with a TT I would almost certainly want to modify inside and out anyway ;)

good luck to all you guys going NA-TT, I'm soooo jealous :cry:

Isn't the whole idea just to improve the car you already have?

Everyone is going on about resale value but that shouldn't even come into the picture as you would assume the people going for the n/a-tt swap are going to keep their cars and not sell them.

Only a complete looney-toon would spend the money having the conversion done and then sell the car shortly afterwards.

For an N/A owner, having the tt conversion done is just like buying a new car anyway.

What you get back is something completely different to what you had.

I am getting mine done next year so can't wait to see the result.

Enjoy your new ride !! ;)

it looks amazing mate how are you getting on with the clutch situation

The rev dip wasn't the clutch after all mate, it was just the two bullit clips for the speedo that were on the wrong way round, to be fair i said i would do it myself as i didn't think it would be a problem so it wasn't Kerons fault.

Now that i switched the clips over it is running perfect. :D

hey marc, glad you like it mate, not been online for a few days and if anyone wants one doing...pm me...;)

I'll be coming to you soon, I did promise myself not to do a TT conversion until after winter though so probably around March time and you only just did an N/A-N/A swap on mine:d

So will that make mine an N/A-N/A-TT?:blink::D

I go along with H and IDO. I've spent a bundle on my N/A and would rather stick with it and swap the N/A block for a TT rather than start from afresh with a TT I would almost certainly want to modify inside and out anyway ;)

good luck to all you guys going NA-TT, I'm soooo jealous :cry:

Totally agree with that Linda and will be the way I go at some point next year hopefully:)