The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manchester congestion charge

carl0s

Me too, I really enjoy my job in manchester but if this had come in, I would've seriously had to re-think working here as the extra charge would've been to much :)

Excellent. I'm happy for you. I could probably have worked around it most of the time, but not all the time, and would no doubt have been accidentally crossing it all the time, and refusing to do work in parts of Manchester.

The NO vote means there will be no money to invest in new public transport systems in Manchester. No investment means the system stays as it is ie rubbish. As the system is rubbish it means more people will drive. Which means more congestion.

Here in London we have had the CC charge for a few years now and so we are used to it. When driving in the zone it is a LOT clearer and easier to get around. Most people have changed their habits, and they use public transport. The difference is that we have good public transport already, whereas it appears the people of Manchester don't.