The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manchester congestion charge

carl0s

I got mine and a firm no from me. I work in manchester and it's going to cost me a fortune if it comes in :(

We went to town last Saturday and those fuckers were out there trying to convince everybody to say yes.

I have a bad feeling about these things. I think most people would say NO, but I have a feeling the government wants to do it and that they get their way regardless.

I'm pleased to hear that Trafford and a few other councils are totally against it though.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk says

THE result of the congestion charge referendum will be announced in minutes - with the 'No' campaign increasingly confident of victory.

Official turnout figures have showed that just over a million votes have been cast, with 53.2 per cent of the electorate returning their ballot papers.

Amid tense scenes at Manchester Central - where the decision will be announced at 12pm - campaigners for the 'No' vote appeared the most confident of winning the day.

Lets hope they're right.

They got 4 firm no's from me and my family.

Excellent. Well done and thanks very much for voting.

I asked my grandparents what they voted, and they said they voted No but hadn't posted them. So we rooted around to try and find them so I could post them, but they couldn't find them :(

My mum voted No and posted it :thumbs:

We went to town last Saturday and those fuckers were out there trying to convince everybody to say yes.

I have a bad feeling about these things. I think most people would say NO, but I have a feeling the government wants to do it and that they get their way regardless.

I'm pleased to hear that Trafford and a few other councils are totally against it though.

I wish they'd just tell us now!!!!

Annoy's me that the man who was on the radio programme said that he didn't vote but he would've voted no - he didn't have the time :blink:, and yet there are people like you who didn't get a chance would've loved to vote!!

I wish they'd just tell us now!!!!

Annoy's me that the man who was on the radio programme said that he didn't vote but he would've voted no - he didn't have the time :blink:, and yet there are people like you who didn't get a chance would've loved to vote!!

:) 7 minutes past and still no result!

well last I heard out of 2million papers out only 53% have come back so hope everyone is a no

It's an exceptionally high turnout apparently, so one can only assume that No people feel more strongly than Yes people.

It's the No people who have something to lose. The Yes people will just stay as they are.

if it is a Yes I would like everyone just for one day suprise the transport people by No one Not even sales reps, taxi's anyone use a car, everyone in the northwest get together for that one day and use the shambles public transport we have and show them how unprepared the public transport is. I bet the north west would grind to a halt, not enough busses trams trains etc.