The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a new phone and contract?

JamieP

Anyone know of any good deals out there in this credit crunch time?

Cant have orange, no service at my house.

I need a high user contract, i have 1500 min per month now and always going over it of late.

Vodafone do a 3000 min contract for £80 a month and looks ok, any better deals out there?

whats the blackberry smartphone like? any one have one? or how about the N96?

Cheers Jamie:)

Blackberry's in general are very good. I have just recently tried out a Blackberry Bold and it is very impressive too. If you do want a smartphone, the blackberry's are hard to beat. The email client, calendaring, directory and phone features and quality is un-parallel.

If you do however simply want internet access on your phone, then the iPhone is hard to beat for internet experience, ipod, podcasts, etc.

really depends what your looking for mate! ive just got my misses the black berry storm and must say its a cracking phone! very slick and looks great! ive got the c905! camera's superb on it but prefer my n95! dont get the n96 though! there having so many problems with basic things like texting on them and half the stuff they claim to do they aint! and some of the stuff its suppose to do but aint nokia is saying they think they wont get working properly! if your after a good deal though i'd look at offers you a free games console and free phone! phones 4 u and carphone warehouse i believe are doing them! im with voda! pay 35 a month get unlimited texts unlimited mobile internet and 600 mins with the fone free! but i do believe you can have unlimited calls and 600 texts with the fone free for the same price!

iPhone 3G is good, have had both revisions so far. There are a few neat applications out for it and of course it doubles up as an ipod you can plug into the car.

We use crackberrys at work, the Bold is good, the new Storm looks the nuts though :)

General experience with Nokias is poor. Had communicators, 9xxx phones, Nxx and 8xxx models and the aerials kept dying. Naff.

I have a Blackberry Bold and I love it to bits - I'm not a fan of touch screens so the Storm doesn't bother me.

Does Blackberry Storm works with TomTom and internal GPS?

When you buy it from Voda it comes with there own pre-loaded Sat-Nav.

And yes the internal GPS is actually half decent too.

Gaz.

Guest Mike_08

dad has a blackberry seems a neat bit of kit to as for network id say vodafone prob gets bets best reception i work in a hospital and always loose signal on the lower levels but vodafone don't

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone know of any good deals out there in this credit crunch time?

Cant have orange, no service at my house.

I need a high user contract, i have 1500 min per month now and always going over it of late.

Vodafone do a 3000 min contract for £80 a month and looks ok, any better deals out there?

whats the blackberry smartphone like? any one have one? or how about the N96?

Cheers Jamie:)

Buy an iPhone 3G on a Pay as You go contract, Jailbreak it (QuickPwn) - then unlock it for any GSM carrier - (using the YellowSn0w app).

I did my 16GB 3G in about 20 minutes with Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...