The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Generic Rant Thread

michael

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Tesco in Havant opened yesterday, I was late to pick up the missus so just went for a quick drive around the new car park to get a look at the place and got held up by 4 idiots just stopping randomly cos they didn't understand the road markings!! Do people not actually know how to drive they just follow the same route every day and somehow avoid death each time?

Why won't companys spend money on PC's that are actually capable of doing the job they're intended for.

I lost 2 hours work last night as AutoCAD crashed trying to save the drawing I was working on. When I looked, I was down to 3mb free space on C drive! I've just uninstalled as much software as the permissions will let me and compressed the c drive (temp folders already cleaned) and I've managed to scrape together 1gb.

Buy some new pc you bastards!

4 lanes of motorway, inside lane feeds to another motorway to go north, lane 2 does the same but for people who want to go south (why would you?) and the remaining 2 continue to Hull.

I get into the inside lane a mile or two before the road splits off, it's well signposted and there is plenty of opportunity to get in the right lane well in advance.

Why is it that every single day some moron cuts across the chevrons and forces others to brake just so they can leave their move until the last minute?

Also if I'm at the back of a steady train of traffic doing ~70 with 3 other lanes of cars all doing more or less the same thing why is that people don't just join the back of the "queue" instead of passing me and then sitting in the gap between me and the car in front without indicating in and then just pulling in at the last minute.

Pull in behind me and you won't annoy anyone or indicate, the clue is in the name, indicate what you want to do and then maybe I'll pull back even further and leave a safer gap for you to come in without compromising my own braking space.

Bloody humans, annoying things.

Oh and German Markets, why would the band there play things like Dam Busters, the theme from Dad's Army and Tragedy? I want an oompa oompa knees up, not a football stand experience.

And £3.50 a pint for tasteless lager is rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do modern mobile phone makers / service providers who rewrite the phone software insist on producing phones with a decent amount of fixed onboard storage (say 8GB for example) yet set all applications to default to saving content in the 256mb (or less) allocated to the phone as system memory?

Up north? Meh, sounds like the road to hell.

My sister was an 'actual' Stainsby girl too... :D meaning she went to Stainsby School in the mid-eighties.

They'd changed the name by the time I got there. Probably to disassociate themselves with any middle-of-the-road singer/song-writer types from the local area :innocent:

They'd changed the name by the time I got there. Probably to disassociate themselves with any middle-of-the-road singer/song-writer types from the local area :innocent:

:D

Next rant: people who say they hate such-and-such TV programme, but continue to watch it nonetheless. Good examples are the Cross Factor and something to do with high gears. For those who don't like these shows, why do you watch them? You're just feeding the flames by watching! For those who watch them "because the missus does", you should show your missus who's boss! by making her a nice cup of tea and giving her a foot massage

I do enjoy the threads about them on here though, mainly for the "I watched Top Factor last night, it was rubbish!" posts that appear every week!

• 3 weeks later...

What is it with bands playing gigs during the week? I'm going to miss two bands I really want to see as the nearest venues they are playing are in bloody Leeds and both on a Tuesday night. I'd have to take the afternoon off work and then I'd not get back to the b&b before 3am. Bastards! I remember when gigs used to be on weekends, etc, etc.

ebay. drives me f3king wild. i sit there watching an iten for 10 poxy days patiently stalking it waiting for the perfect moment , down to the last 10 second so i make my move , enter the bid and ........ internet explorer cannot display the page , refresh , too late . its sold to some other f%ker for less than i was wiulling to give, grrrr,