The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Generic Rant Thread

michael

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody engineers who can't decide what they are meant to be building. I'm trying to produce a set of fabrication drawings for a steel frame thing and they keep changing their minds about how it should be done.

I'd almost finished the drawings when one of the engineers comes over and asks if the other one had told me of the latest changes before he went home 2 hours ago. No he hadn't. Now I've got to redraw the entire left hand side of the frame and change all the connection details because they've decided to turn 1 piece of angle through 180 degrees. These drawings need to be done, checked & out the office by Friday.

Bastards.

you don.t work for haskoning by any chance

Nope, Atkins. Working on the decommissioning at Sellafield and they're a pain in the arse.

To be honest, I think they're all as bad; especially arcitects. Grrr, I hate architects with a passion, bloody pretentious knobs with no idea of how things actually work.

So he wants you to go out and buy him stuff?

Get him some big jumpers and a bowler hat or some really nasty lace trousers.

yes he asked me to do that so i went and bought him these horrible hawaii shorts that he will have to wear now muhahah :D he will go into one shop back here and if he cant find anything he will give up

• 2 weeks later...

Crack whores going to the cinema during the day. Announcing to the whole cinema that we needed to put our 3d glasses on. Leaving the film half way through to clearly take drugs...stumbling back to her/it's seat whilst shouting to 'friend' that she couldn't see him and then proceed to take calls and tell them she was at the pictures. In fact I think she was a zombie.

Crack whores going to the cinema during the day. Announcing to the whole cinema that we needed to put our 3d glasses on. Leaving the film half way through to clearly take drugs...stumbling back to her/it's seat whilst shouting to 'friend' that she couldn't see him and then proceed to take calls and tell them she was at the pictures. In fact I think she was a zombie.

It wasn't me was it?

People who bump multiple threads asking about something that's nothing to do with the thread in question when a simple PM to the people concerned would have been more than sufficient.

The company I work for not grasping the concept of running a successful project. Throwing 10 incompetent non-technical "managers" at something doesn't suddenly turn the single, already busy with normal work, technical guy you've assigned to do the work of 5 people into some kind of IT Superman.

Also people then buying some cables @ £30 each when we could have got them for £2 each and also we don't actually require them!

And that kind of thing, having a preferred supplier doesn't mean you are getting a good deal, they are robbing you... listen to us! LISTEN!!

When you park miles away from the Shop Entrance on your own so nobody will open their Car Door into your Supra and you have a lot of room to open your own doors to get in and out of the Supra with ease. Then you come back and some Twat parked right next to you all though the Car Park is empty and you now need to move your Car to open the door all the way to get something onto your back seats. Fu**s me right off that :(