The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Generic Rant Thread

michael

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who apologise all the time (e.g. when they try to negotiate past other shoppers in the supermarket). It's the right thing to do when e.g. you knock into someone with your shopping trolley, but some people say "sorry" instead of "excuse me" when they want to move past you and you're blocking the way. STOP F***ING APOLOGISING! It's insincere and cheapens the word's proper meaning. REM's song "The Apologist" was probably written with those people in mind.

People saying "excuse me?" in response to a surprising or aggressive statement when they really mean "what did you say?". Grrr!

Bloody engineers who can't decide what they are meant to be building. I'm trying to produce a set of fabrication drawings for a steel frame thing and they keep changing their minds about how it should be done.

I'd almost finished the drawings when one of the engineers comes over and asks if the other one had told me of the latest changes before he went home 2 hours ago. No he hadn't. Now I've got to redraw the entire left hand side of the frame and change all the connection details because they've decided to turn 1 piece of angle through 180 degrees. These drawings need to be done, checked & out the office by Friday.

Bastards.

I think this has been ranted about before but bloody Royal Mail charging £1.06 to deliver a card that's missing 6p in stamps, £1 handling fee... you delivered the notification about this with no stamps at all, just give me my damn Christmas card, I don't get many.

I really don't understand this either. Maybe you need to get onto the sender and claim it back! :D

Went to get the old girl out tonight as I'm taking my lovely lady and her son to the Heathrow tomorrow morning as they're spending Xmas in Texas.

Anyway some (and I'm guessing here) young delightful person has superglued the padlock on the main gate, so all 30 owners are inconvenienced. Had some replacement Led sidelights arrive from HK today too and was going to attend to those too...bugger!

Still I have my trusty Astra :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Greggs sandwiches - I'll have the filling in the middle of the sandwich please, I don't need you to showcase the contents in a strip that's carefully balanced along the edge of the baguette.

mode>

I didn't want to go to Greggs, they made me do it.

Having said this £2.99 for a packet of walkers crisps, a bottle of coke and a large sandwich does represent fairly good value.