The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to sell or not to sell

john karl

The credit crunch has finally hit home ,i am in a Dilemma, do i keep my supra twin turbo now that i have lost my job and have no income , this means leaving it in the garage , or do i sell it and bite the bullet, if i sell ,what sort of price should i put on it ,it is a 1996 face lift twin turbo,in silver,it is bog standard and runs like a new car , advice please as i will have to make my mind up this week, as the insurance is due soon:(:cry:

5 grand is what i thought ,and again,if it was in the summer and there was work for everyone ,the sun would shine and god would smile on everyone, it would be worth a lot more , but once again the devil has past wind in my face ,and i have to put up with it ,and oh my, it really does stink,but still not sure what to do,and i do appreciate all the help and concern---Karl

The credit crunch has finally hit home ,i am in a Dilemma, do i keep my supra twin turbo now that i have lost my job and have no income , this means leaving it in the garage , or do i sell it and bite the bullet, if i sell ,what sort of price should i put on it ,it is a 1996 face lift twin turbo,in silver,it is bog standard and runs like a new car , advice please as i will have to make my mind up this week, as the insurance is due soon:(:cry:

Have you got more pics that you could post up Karl;)

Also, what type of jobs are you after in the Durham/North East area mate?

had a pm offer and it was very low , so i might just keep it and leave it off the road, until the winter and Christmas is over, unless someone wants it for 5.5k,did the cheeky edit monkey jump in there somewhere,lol, i did ground works for a living,but there might be a light at the end of the tunnel,we will have to see,as for three grand on Christmas day,do you think that i am a Santa that carries gifts,thanks but i don't think so, as for pictures pm me with your email address and i will send you a picture of what part of the car you want photographing, thanks for all the concern and help, it's a good club thanks --Karl

had a pm offer and it was very low , so i might just keep it and leave it off the road, until the winter and Christmas is over, unless someone wants it for 5k,did the cheeky edit monkey jump in there somewhere,lol, i did ground works for a living,but there might be a light at the end of the tunnel,we will have to see,as for three grand on Christmas day,do you think that i am a Santa that carries gifts,thanks but i don't think so, as for pictures pm me with your email address and i will send you a picture of what part of the car you want photographing, thanks for all the concern and help, it's a good club thanks --Karl

Karl mate, you need to get some generic pics on the forum as I think that would sell your car; especially at 5K as that's a great price for a 96 facelift TT.

Also, does 'ground works' apply to the building trade or to garden design and external property design?

concrete, drainage, block paving ,flag stones,foundations,etc and, i have beaten anorexia, as well as the man in the picture lol , as for pictures i have tried to upload them at my garage, but it says that the pictures are over sized and as i don't know how to make the magic 5000 requirement and haven't proceeded any further down that road.Still like the offer of three grand on Christmas day, found that very funny indeed , cheered me up no end, thanks for that :),if you can make someone laugh it is worth a post 100%:D, lucky i have a very understanding wife and she says its up to me if i want to sell it as she is working and we can manage to get by, so no rush to sell ,even though she won't get in it as she is a scaredy cat, but she knows how long it took me to save the 6.5 grand to buy it, and she loves me so ,lol,she says keep it,and just wait and see, as the times are what they are i am drifting to just moth balling it until a later time when things don't seem as bad, as i was a miner in the strike and you must understand that in those days my wife and i had to eat crows to survive ,we laugh at those times now , but i must tell you that we are a long way from that at the moment ,but i still have my air rifel and if needs must i will do it again so selling a supra hopefully been put in respective- all the best for the Christmas period and don't get to drunk at new year ---Karl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.