The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jzgte engine ?

Guest speedline

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo

You want the 1JZ because its cheap, and yet expect it to develop the same power as the more expensive later version?

why wouldnt it? :)

both from factory come out with around 300ish bhp, it maybe 500cc down but it's higher reving, I can't see that it would be that far behind with the same turbo on a 2JZ

The single turbo 1JZ engines never feel as strong as the older ones, to me. I do like them though, the shorter stroke of the 2.5 engines make them turbine smooth, the 2JZ feels a bit of a shaker when driven directly after a Soarer or late MKIII Supra. The older straight six BMW engines were the same, the 2.5 was a beauty, the 3.3 a bit rough arsed.

Guest speedline

yep im looking fot that vvti 1jzgte not easy to get but i can wait

i also like the high rev plus i will bolt on a bigger turbo and some 800cc injectors that should do me fine i will keep you posted thaks gang lot of help ;)

run over 400 horses on a non built 1jz and expect it to fail ....

Not even close. Personal experience of 560bhp on 1JZ with the only mods being 256 cams, having run 10k miles at this power, after 60k miles standard power. This engine is in one of our competition car, and is run off the limiter at every given opportunity.

The 1JZ engine is one of the strongest engines out there :).

Guest speedline

im looking for a low mileage lump, with them being on the old side thats will be a challenge,anyway i was going for the vvti version but it seems that the standerd con rod on the vvti are thinner, than non 1jzgte vvti, also 2jz tt lump is a bit to much cash and the 1jz t lump has a very good bhp and rev high and will be just as fast im only looking for 400bhp can the stander engine take that ?

Guest dangerousandy
When i spoke to him on Thursday he commented that he doesnt like 7up, but Fanta is ok.

I dont quite think you get what im on about, so ill give up, comedy gold is only funny with an appreciative audience!

Rob, you know that I think your the best :D ....... what ever happed to Mountain Dew, and tab Clear? Did they go the same way as the 1JZ-GTE????:search: