The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11" Rear Wheel - Offset?

dandan

Ok fellas,

Is anyone running an 18 x 11" rear wheel with a 295 30 tyre?

I have an oppurtunity to get some tasty wheels 11" rear and 8" front with 295 at the rear and 235 up front. Offsets will be 48 at the back and 35 at the front.

Any opinions from people have run either of these size and offset combos?

Please do not post up to tell me the stock offset and how these are different and therefore they must be terrible. I am interested in any first hand experience of anything related to this kind of setup.

Thanks

Dan

With an 11in rear wheel you'll need a +31mm offset compared to the stock 17 wheel to keep things more-or-less inline, however the outer rim will be 38mm further out from the stock setting so you will need to roll the arches to make then fit (don't think that's enough based on what I've seen here)

With a +48 offset at the rear the outer edge will be 21mm further out, so it shouldn't hit the arch. The issue might be with the strut as the wheel is pulled around 17mm closer to it. If it clears you should be good to go.

However, I'm sure there will be people that have fitting 11in rear wheels and will say it didn't effect the handling :rolleyes: A proper geo is needed of course.

I didn't meet your requirements for a reply having no first hand experience with those particular offsets, but hope this was somewhat useful :D

With an 11in rear wheel you'll need a +31mm offset compared to the stock 17 wheel to keep things more-or-less inline, however the outer rim will be 38mm further out from the stock setting so you will need to roll the arches to make then fit (don't think that's enough based on what I've seen here)

With a +48 offset at the rear the outer edge will be 21mm further out, so it shouldn't hit the arch. The issue might be with the strut as the wheel is pulled around 17mm closer to it. If it clears you should be good to go.

I think I will be ok on the inside for clearance and intend to take some measurements of my 275's on 10" rims to compare (46 offset). I plugged those sizes into the supraforums excel document and it suggests more like 53mm offset is needed on the rear and I can only guess that is for arch rubbing?

However, I'm sure there will be people that have fitting 11in rear wheels and will say it didn't effect the handling :rolleyes: A proper geo is needed of course.

I didn't meet your requirements for a reply having no first hand experience with those particular offsets, but hope this was somewhat useful :D

No worries mate - thanks for posting up. I just didn't want a whole raft of replies from people with nothing meaningful to offer other than what they have read or heard related to stock offsets and stock wheels. :D

I run stock wheels when the weather is cack and Racing Hart CR's in 18" when it is good so have an idea what happens when you move away from stock (not much with the Racing Harts, thankfully)

im running 12" rears on stock body supra, iv had proper geo done and the car handles the same as before

What offset and tyres are you running with those monsters?

Edited by dandan (see edit history)