The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why Do People Feel The Need To Drive Dangerously.....

Holden1989

so i dont no wether its that time off year or anything, people worrying about jobs, money etc etc but does it make you lose all concentration on the road or something??

iv avoided 3 serious accidents in the last week :blink:

first run in was with a scooby this morning, im not to keen on scooby drivers (no offence to anyone but they have turned into a slight chav car, older models especially)

so two lanes merging, i was in left hand lane, right hand lane was already blocked, but he still tried overtaking, on a blind bend :( needless to say he didnt get past, he changed his mind when he caught sight off the artic coming towards him, he then proceeded to overtake 1 car at a time on a windy road, and at the next roundabout, he was only one car infront off me :rolleyes:

so the other incidents, me driving in a straight line, and there pulling out off a junction ahead, and cut straight across me :blink: it wasnt as if i was doing 30, i was doing national speed limit on both occasions

it just makes me wonder, do people really have a death wish? im always careful and look at surroundings etc etc but i really dont take into concideration people driving like twats :(

rant over :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed this too recently. Luckily I'm not driving too far to work each day, but no indicating, cutting up, pulling out without looking, etc. (not me, them!)

Every day it seems there's an accident waiting to happen. I do drive normally, but it is frustrating, and I've got my headlights on most of the time too, as its dim quite a lot of the time.

im glad its not just me, but i always show other people on the road respect, no matter what there driving, its just that (dont take this the wrong way guys :D) cars such as subarus bmws etc seem to demand respect as if they are better than everyone else

tbh i dont blame the other half for not letting me drive the supra on a day to day basis, i seem to attract idiots :( when the person pulled out infront off me, my street ka is so light the back end nearly overtook the front, i would proberly be seriously injured if i had to brake that sharp in the supra, along with proberly injuring countless other people (it was raining v heavily) :(

Disregard signals and assume the worst and you'll not go far wrong.

I think people should be made to drive around Pompey for six months before they're let out on normal roads... this place is insane. Red light mean nothing and everyone undertakes. Expect the worst!

im glad its not just me, but i always show other people on the road respect, no matter what there driving, its just that (dont take this the wrong way guys :D) cars such as subarus bmws etc seem to demand respect as if they are better than everyone else

tbh i dont blame the other half for not letting me drive the supra on a day to day basis, i seem to attract idiots :( when the person pulled out infront off me, my street ka is so light the back end nearly overtook the front, i would proberly be seriously injured if i had to brake that sharp in the supra, along with proberly injuring countless other people (it was raining v heavily) :(

Its not the car they drive it the person inside(of any car) thinking they deserve respect i have a subaru and a supra so does it make me change when i drive my subaru no it dont im still the same driver and a careful one at that. Remember its not the car its the driver

Disregard signals and assume the worst and you'll not go far wrong.

I think people should be made to drive around Pompey for six months before they're let out on normal roads... this place is insane. Red light mean nothing and everyone undertakes. Expect the worst!

You have no idea. I was in India a couple of weeks ago - that's a whole different world. I bet you think that a dual carriageway means traffic only flows in one direction on each side don't you? Yeah - so did I.......... :taped:

I saw some idiot cut off a woman (rather badly) in the high street, then when she hoots at him, he starts hooting and swearing and going off. He was blatantly be an idiot but still thought he was right, all because he probably indicated... Thats the bit that annoys me :banghead:

You have no idea. I was in India a couple of weeks ago - that's a whole different world. I bet you think that a dual carriageway means traffic only flows in one direction on each side don't you? Yeah - so did I.......... :taped:

HAHA!! I learnt to drive in Indonesia... Out there its biggest vehicle wins... For a dual carriageway, they all sit in the lane closest to on-coming traffic and to overtake go into oncoming traffic.... and the slow lane is left empty... Some horrendous accidents!

HAHA!! I learnt to drive in Indonesia... Out there its biggest vehicle wins... For a dual carriageway, they all sit in the lane closest to on-coming traffic and to overtake go into oncoming traffic.... and the slow lane is left empty... Some horrendous accidents!

Fun isn't it? Not.

And there's still over a 'billion' of them!

I did a poll a while ago suggesting that everyone should have to re-take their test every 10 years or so. This thread doesn't do anything to change my mind...

Many of the bad drivers out there know how to drive well (I hope), but either choose not to or have just forgotten how to.

Its not the car they drive it the person inside(of any car) thinking they deserve respect i have a subaru and a supra so does it make me change when i drive my subaru no it dont im still the same driver and a careful one at that. Remember its not the car its the driver

im not sure i totally agree with you on that one, 9/10 if a chav buys a subaru, he will drive it faster and harder than his previous saxo or 106

i drive a brand new audi, a brand new land rover, my other halfs supra and my little 1.6 street ka, and my attitude when im driving each one is exactly the same, but when my step dad gets in the audi, he turns into a prick ;)

personally i see more chavs driving subarus then fully grown men

im not sure i totally agree with you on that one, 9/10 if a chav buys a subaru, he will drive it faster and harder than his previous saxo or 106

i drive a brand new audi, a brand new land rover, my other halfs supra and my little 1.6 street ka, and my attitude when im driving each one is exactly the same, but when my step dad gets in the audi, he turns into a prick ;)

personally i see more chavs driving subarus then fully grown men

well im not a chav and i drive a subaru and round here its the older generation that drive the subaru round here and i also find its the Big 4x4 driver eg land rover who think they have the right to more of the road and bully other drivers out of the way which can also cause accidents so therefore its not just subaru drivers that are idiots and and also it dont matter how new your car is it dont make u the best drivers.

am i not entitled to an opinion?

for your information we have the land rover for our horse box, is that a valid reason to own one? other than to drive it dangerously, obviously.....

am i saying im the best driver in the world just because i have the oppurtunity to drive new cars? no, im not, il admit that, but i dont find that in any off the above posts iv said i am a good driver....

am i not entitled to an opinion?

for your information we have the land rover for our horse box, is that a valid reason to own one? other than to drive it dangerously, obviously.....

am i saying im the best driver in the world just because i have the oppurtunity to drive new cars? no, im not, il admit that, but i dont find that in any off the above posts iv said i am a good driver....

The fact is you saying that subaru and bmw drivers cant drive and drive like idiots so that puts me into a idiot catagory according to you and yes you are entitled to your opinion as im entitled to mine but you cannot say every subaru driver drives like an idiot. As for the landrover driver yes i do think most think they own the road horse box or not.