The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Prodigy

SteveR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a HUGE prodigy fan and still do like them. One of my cousins boyfriends toured with them playing guitars a few years back apparently.

I found the last album difficult to get into, but then I did like it eventually. This Invaders track and the Warrior Dancers seems much more back to the old Prodigy style. I find there are cycles in music. Techno, Trance, Hardcore, Dance, Acid, House, Hip House, Jungle, IDT etc. and the Old Skool styles seem to be creeping back in and I expect this new album will be a driving force to that.

• 3 months later...

Anyone else seen them live yet?

I saw them on Sunday in Cardiff! Best gig I have ever been to, period! Fantastic, energetic, and the best light show I've seen on the stage for a long time! Got a load of HD footage on cam!

The music was mental, and I love the new album so was good to hear all the new tracks live, definately more like the original albums (always outnumbered wasn't 'classic' prodigy for me and not a single track from it was played)

Was great to finally here Smack my b!tch up and voodoo people live as well as many other classics from Experience, Music for the Jilted Generation and fat of the land.

If you have any chance of seeing them I recommend it heavily - worth every penny of £28 and the atmosphere was great!

Just a warning though - not a light hearted atmosphere at all (what were you expecting? :p ) and dont wear your best clothes as they will see more sweat than one man can produce in a year!

I saw the Prodigy years and years ago. They are definitely by far the best live act i have ever seen. They have won the award for best live act a few times and thoroughly deserved it.

Their new album is amazing. Back to the way i remember them when i was younger.

Seen them three times now. I ummed and ahh'd about going this time round and decided I didn't want to spoil the memories.

I think Orbital still go down as the best live dance music act I've seen.

Seen the prodigy before and they're awesome

I love the new stuff.

Wanted to go to see them at Rockness this year but I'm away.

Download looks good too.

Like Pete said, Orbital are the best band I've seen.

Saw them at Cream (Liverpool) on the millennium countdown!

What an amazing gig!!

Today the g/f said she wants to see them at Loaded (Clapham Common - home of Rave) so I'll book that! Can't bloody wait!!!!!

Chime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to see them at Manchester on Friday. :)

Last time I saw them was when Fat of the Land had just come out.

I'm off to see them on Friday as well - can't wait! :D

see you there boys, my 12 year old daughter has got me back into proper live music and thank god she's a little rock chick ;), took her and her mate to see Fall Out Boy at the M.E.N a few weeks back and although i went with a bit of trepidation i have to say they were really excellent, she likes prodigy as well so another "excuse" to see some proper music, wont be taking the Supra though, i'll borrow the wifes car :sly:

Awesome night! Made up that they did No Good and Out of Space but every track was amazing. Thought Kissy Sell Out and Dizzee were spot on as well - especially when he finished with Bonkers. I'm paying for it now though - every part of me aches! :D