The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone been to monte carlo/St Tropez?

Holden1989

There's the Fairmont in Monte Carlo if you've got money to burn, which is the hotel over the tunnel on the GP circuit.

It might be an idea to stay in Nice which is only a few minutes away on the train and is a good night out. That's what I did in the summer, can't recommend a hotel though 'cos my mate who's tighter than two coats of paint arranged the holiday and booked us into a right dive. :)

I've been to the cote d'azure before, I think that is where Monaco is. Not sure if I went to Monte Carlo or St. Tropez though. I'm sure I would have rembered even though it was in a previous life. Good excuse to live it up and practice your frog. I'd always opt for, IBIS, Hilton and other major chains to avoid disappointment. My relatives own two 5 star hotels so I tend to go for some luxury, it only ups your price a little but can make so much difference.

Yeah I've been there before, but only in June, I'd imagine its a little cooler in January! :D

I've stayed at the hotel Jacques Villeneuve & Coulthard co-owns, called the Columbus. Its rather nice!

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/monaco-hotels/monte-carlo-hotels/columbus-monaco/

When we stopped at St Tropez, we didn't stay in the town, we stayed the other side of the bay in St Maxime at the Amarante Golf Plaza - lovely place, highly recommend and great value. Stunning views from the rooms.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/83823_amarante-golf-plaza-4-sainte-maxime-face-a-saint-tropez.aspx

Best Regards,

Gaz.

i like the look off the hotel in the second link, who did you book your holiday through?

the weather cant be worse than britain!!

Carl S, you sound like me, im not one for staying in shabby hotels and seems as were only going for a week maximum we might aswell splash out

thanks for the replies guys, its nice to have an opinion on where to go, pictures can only show so much

i like the look off the hotel in the second link, who did you book your holiday through?

the weather cant be worse than britain!!

Carl S, you sound like me, im not one for staying in shabby hotels and seems as were only going for a week maximum we might aswell splash out

thanks for the replies guys, its nice to have an opinion on where to go, pictures can only show so much

Oh I'm somewhat of an expert holiday booker, do it all myself :p

Easyjet flights, hire car, late rooms for most hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith for the 5* or boutique hotels :)

Gaz.