The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow i go away for a long awaited holiday for a week to keep the missus sweet but before i went i had to make sure the engine etc was sweet before Steve and the guys at Autotec started putting the exterior of the car together :)

So took the car over to a local dyno to make sure everything was happy.

Everything went alright in the end after a few teething problems but looks like im going to need a bigger turbo as the baby Gt35 with a 0.63 exhaust housing was really restricting the exhaust flow. Just look at the collector pic below. The runner egt were only 870c but the exhaust turbine housing was really restricting the power and causing a massive hot spot. Dont suppose it would help that the cell temps were 30c+.

So left it at low boost with only 530bhp and 520ftlb. Need a T67dbb but the exchange rate it crap :(

Good news is the V mount setup is just unbelievable. The Intake temps were just rock solid at ambient and must also recommend to all supra owners in purchasing a Thermal intake manifold gasket!.

Last bit i did before leaving to pack my bags is compression check the engine to make sure the compression is now good on the back cylinders since the head came back and it was 160psi exactly on all cylinders. Great work Andy@ Swindon race engines!

Some pics below. Hopefully in about 2 weeks time it should look like a supra again.

Then comes the proper testing ! :D

Its the same one I think but he didnt order it through me, I still havent got round to fitting mine yet.

Thanks Wez, could you please send me the details again? I wiped all my PM's a while ago and lost the downloaded messages.

Thanks Wez, could you please send me the details again? I wiped all my PM's a while ago and lost the downloaded messages.

Search ebay for "93-98 Toyota Supra 2JZGTE intake heatshield gasket", they are approx $19 :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeremy Norquay

How much boost was that power made at?

I have the same hot spot (EGT's are at 820c) on my DBB T67 set up I'm running a .68 a/r T4 though so that may have some to do with it. I will be logging exhaust back pressure so I will see what its like when I get that hooked up. I'm making 466whp at .9bar right now.

Great build so far! Very inspiring!!

Jeremy

How much boost was that power made at?

I have the same hot spot (EGT's are at 820c) on my DBB T67 set up I'm running a .68 a/r T4 though so that may have some to do with it. I will be logging exhaust back pressure so I will see what its like when I get that hooked up. I'm making 466whp at .9bar right now.

Great build so far! Very inspiring!!

Jeremy

That was at 1.2bar. Think i may have found the issue but will let you know.

Ryan

Guest Jeremy Norquay
That was at 1.2bar. Think i may have found the issue but will let you know.

Ryan

That's impressive power at such low boost, how did you do it? I'm hoping to make 500whp at 1.3bar on my T67.

:Pics:

:rtfm: - we need pic updates every 2 - 3 days or ge withdrawl symptoms

Unfortunatly mate nothing has changed on the car since i last updated the thread. Autotec have just been mad working on a restore that had to be done for last weekend. Hopefully they will get some time to start mine this week.

Need to get it ready for the first week in August!

Got to finish fitting the tilton pedalbox so will get some pics of that up to keep your addiction levels happy :D