The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, if you need any silicon joiners for conecting up the IC, air filter etc i have $#@! loads of the stuff in the shed you can look though mate.

All the IC piping is now made up bud, but thanks alot.

Coming together nicely mate! Looking forward to the next installment :D

I wanted to ask earlier if you're installing any additional support for the turbo, manifold or wastegate - I.e. to help stop cracks on the runners?

Still no concerns about cabin heat issues? There doesn't seem to be much insulation (not a critism, just curious)

We have left one of the support bars on the manifold but agree it might be a good idea to add another from underneith as there is a fair amount of room underneith now.

But its more weight :D

Plus i cant see the egt getting too hot when im going to be running about 15% meth and hopefully E85 if i can find a good source. (hence the overkill on the fueling system) Would just fit some 1000cc.

Cabin heat we will just have to wait and see. :)

Coming together VERY well.

Any more boot area pics?

Will grab some pics of this next weekend chap when i finished the WI install etc

Plus i cant see the egt getting too hot when im going to be running about 15% meth and hopefully E85 if i can find a good source. (hence the overkill on the fueling system) Would just fit some 1000cc.

Will grab some pics of this next weekend chap when i finished the WI install etc

Great idea matey, E85 is a pain to get hold of unless you want the race stuff which they charge excessive amounts for :(

Remember if you are planning on entering the car into any racing series you will need to have a firewall between any tanks and the driver that are holding flammable fuels, ie the water/meth tank in the boot.

Great work Ryan ... when have you planned the mapping?

I hear there's this really good mapper called 'Dan' or something that could map it for you.... :D

Looking good Ryan - you not fancy entering it in our TOTB team?!? :eyebrows:

I dare say it could reset a few peoples perceptions of Supras on the handling circuit!

Cheers,

Brian.

Only a small update........ :D

Engine wise need to sort the power steering cooling, oil cooling and hook up the header tank. Then its a case of fit the turbo intake piping and spray the cam cover white.

Few issues with the pedalbox at present but its all trial and error with the cylinders at the moment. Thanks Chris Wilson for the advise BTW