The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those corner weights are perfectly good enough to test on Ryan, they'll probably change as bushes and things settle down in use, anyway. Sincere congratulations on seeing this through, I know just what time, commitment, worry and stress something like this causes, I couldn't take it on at my age again :) Where did you bung the front brake servo? Thought you'd end up with one ;) Their only downside is they put some lag into the system, there's a tiny, but noticeable pause while the reaction valve closes and the servo assists. You'll know what I mean when you drive it in anger.

Prediction? I hope I'm wrong but you MAY find that very short propshaft is a tricky *ugger to make vibration and shudder free, if you do get high speed vibes I'd stop, they can destroy mounts and things very quickly.

A fabulous job, quite stunning!

Back from testing!

Straight line speed is just incredible and it just grips so well. Doesn't feel as mad as you would think in the car but when we put it next to a 700bhp supra is really shows just how fast it is :D

Corners wise we need to play with the geo abit more as it wasn't as balance as expected but the surface was so slippy from dust it was like driving on ice in some parts. Intial turn in is just brilliant, far better than a stock engine position but the back is abit of a hand full compared to stock as when it goes it acts like a pendulum at the back with the extra weight and becomes a challenge! This can all be sorted with the geo though.

Christened the car with its first small dent but lucky i know a damn good bodyshop ;)

Got to sort my Race license then we will be off for some testing at silverstone soon.

No vids unfortunatly but pictures are below

This is at about 60mph and it just turns in so well

Thanks for the kind words chris.

We put the servo in the passenger footwell out of the way.

Propshaft was colled and properly welded and set by steve. It's seems perfect no vibration in the car at all and watching it in the air it's straight at 6k in 4th

will be in touch regarding the geo setup

Ryan

Those corner weights are perfectly good enough to test on Ryan, they'll probably change as bushes and things settle down in use, anyway. Sincere congratulations on seeing this through, I know just what time, commitment, worry and stress something like this causes, I couldn't take it on at my age again :) Where did you bung the front brake servo? Thought you'd end up with one ;) Their only downside is they put some lag into the system, there's a tiny, but noticeable pause while the reaction valve closes and the servo assists. You'll know what I mean when you drive it in anger.

Prediction? I hope I'm wrong but you MAY find that very short propshaft is a tricky *ugger to make vibration and shudder free, if you do get high speed vibes I'd stop, they can destroy mounts and things very quickly.

A fabulous job, quite stunning!