The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, is that lower orange hose the oil return? AFAIK it should be as straight and close the vertical as possible to aide gravity, are you limited on this by the manifold or choice?

IMO the end going into the pan should be a 45deg joint on a #10 line. It could be the photo but yours current appears to dip below the level of the exit into the pan which isn't optimal.

PS I'm not trying to be a picky PITA, loving the project so far ;)

Ryan, is that lower orange hose the oil return? AFAIK it should be as straight and close the vertical as possible to aide gravity, are you limited on this by the manifold or choice?

IMO the end going into the pan should be a 45deg joint on a #10 line. It could be the photo but yours current appears to dip below the level of the exit into the pan which isn't optimal.

PS I'm not trying to be a picky PITA, loving the project so far ;)

Yes the lower one is the return and from the picture again i can see your point but the engine is on a 30 degree angle on the engine stand which makes it look like it dropping below the oil sump level which as you said is not ideal at all.

With DBB turbos having as close to vertical is not requires as much as the normal journey bearings as the pressure out of the return is so small with the DBB restrictors on the feed.

Prefer if you point out stuff like this mate. I am bound to miss a few things

Anti-Surge

and PRO-Lag if the application isn't prone to surge. I have made an adjustable anti-surge housing for mine which, when adjusted out (looks and sounds like a T51) kills spool by around 150 rpm.

I now run it closed, even though the 51 whistle sounded nice :)

Engine is finally ready to go in today... hopefully!, Just pray everything fits around the steering column cover.

So last bits done on the engine was finally finish the shimming process. Massive thanks to Tony with this for surface grinding the shims and helping throughout. :thumbs:

Cams fitted

Time to put all the new seals on covers etc from engine gasket kit and time it up

Then new shorter belt which removes the A/C

Finally the Loom

Wish me luck today and hopefully some fitted pics tonight!

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

Well after 7 hours of swearing and ranting its finally in :D

Massive!! thanks to Steve for helping to the end. True legend.

Here are some pics from the day. Before anyway asks.. Yes the cam cover is going to be Sprayed White!! lol

Just need to connect and tidy it all up now.

Coming together nicely mate! Looking forward to the next installment :D

I wanted to ask earlier if you're installing any additional support for the turbo, manifold or wastegate - I.e. to help stop cracks on the runners?

Still no concerns about cabin heat issues? There doesn't seem to be much insulation (not a critism, just curious)