The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

Ryan, have you got the 2 Walbro pumps you mention you'll fit?

I've got a Bosch sat waiting to go in mine so you can have the Walbro currently fitted if you need it.

Hey chap

Yeah got both of them now thanks.

Was going to go for a Bosch but got the 2 walbros for a good price :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey chap

Yeah got both of them now thanks.

Was going to go for a Bosch but got the 2 walbros for a good price :)

Fair play. :)

I always thought it was preferable to run 1 big rather than 2 smaller pumps, just in case one starts to fail and the engine runs lean. But, am I right in thinking the Solaris would spot that, step in and prevent any damage being done? Does it monitor what's going IN to each cylinder or just what's been burnt?

Fair play. :)

I always thought it was preferable to run 1 big rather than 2 smaller pumps, just in case one starts to fail and the engine runs lean. But, am I right in thinking the Solaris would spot that, step in and prevent any damage being done? Does it monitor what's going IN to each cylinder or just what's been burnt?

I always prefer to run one big pump as if one fails then you know about it but with a Y section its not so bad as if a pump fails then the other pump still provides fuel just it will go abit leaner which the Solaris will spot by looking at the onboard lambda and try to compensate. If it cant reach the target lambda and it goes out of the compensation max values then it will flag an error.

But i would see in a log that the ecu was trying to compensate too much if one pump had failed.

I only would run closed loop lambda on the Solaris ecu though as with the NTK sensor it uses the ecu is able to detech a sensor failure.

No Supra with a Solaris has this turned on at present as only one is using a Solaris Wideband sensor

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

interesting to see the injector test sheet, before cleaning thats quite a mismatch, are they new or second hand ?, good stuff Ryan, cant help notice you have left your home address on the test sheet as well

They were second hand yes. They are PE 650cc

Thats not my home address dont worry ;)

I always prefer to run one big pump as if one fails then you know about it but with a Y section its not so bad as if a pump fails then the other pump still provides fuel just it will go abit leaner which the Solaris will spot by looking at the onboard lambda and try to compensate. If it cant reach the target lambda and it goes out of the compensation max values then it will flag an error.

But i would see in a log that the ecu was trying to compensate too much if one pump had failed.

I only would run closed loop lambda on the Solaris ecu though as with the NTK sensor it uses the ecu is able to detech a sensor failure.

No Supra with a Solaris has this turned on at present as only one is using a Solaris Wideband sensor

Ryan

Thanks for that info Ryan :thumbs:

Goods great Ryan. The top left bolt needs tightening up on the engine mount, something that's easily missed :)

Would I be correct in saying that the paint will hold the heat in, almost as much as say chrome :innocent: on the cam covers?

What sort of flow do you get out of new PE650's? Is it worth testing them before install if new?

Always worth flow testing and cleaning any injectors you buy. More so when New as they have been sat on a shelf for years no doubt and are known to stick open or closed or just get clogged up where the anti sieze fluid goes off. Some Sard or PE injectors can be over 6 years old these days.

Goods great Ryan. The top left bolt needs tightening up on the engine mount, something that's easily missed :)

Would I be correct in saying that the paint will hold the heat in, almost as much as say chrome :innocent: on the cam covers?

:rlol:

Mr Oakley,you are correct that the colour black does absorb every wavelength of visible light and with this high level of absorption it creates heat. But your nice shiney chromed up blinged intake manifold on the other hand would love a coat of a nice white wrinkle sprinkling as it reflects nearly of these wavelength of light and with the wrinkle finish the surface area is also smaller so this is also a bonus in battling heat aborbtion.

:D:D:D

P.s dont polish you intake manifolds :p:p

Always worth flow testing and cleaning any injectors you buy. More so when New as they have been sat on a shelf for years no doubt and are known to stick open or closed or just get clogged up where the anti sieze fluid goes off. Some Sard or PE injectors can be over 6 years old these days.

Nice one, thanks. I'll make sure mine get done then :)

Ryan, will the top water feed...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/IMG_5995.jpg

not foul the bonnet? Wouldn't a couple of 90deg adaptors be a more snug fit?

The pic definatly makes the pipe look high due to the angle but its pretty much as high as the compressor housing. Plus with the engine being further back there is alot more room in height back there.

Good thinking though :thumbs: