The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lunchtime - who has an hour these days

hogmaw

Being self-employed for the past 15 years I don't think I have ever taken any time off for lunch. It's always sandwich/soup/parmo at my desk while I continue to work. Is that the norm for most people in most businesses these days? My missus says it is, but I still think that most people get an hour off to do what they want.

I'd say it's pretty normal, I've not had a regular lunch time in 6+ years, just tend to grab a bite when there's time and even then it's eat at the 'desk' between mails, conferences, etc. It's the same for everyone I work with, except the French, Italians and especially the Spanish :D

I have about an hour for my "dinner".

After filling my face I turn the radio down in my van, put my ear plugs in and have a doze. ;)

I'm not a courier/delivery driver, it's not always convenient to visit my customers at dinner time so I look forward to having a rest as the job is physically tiring.

If im in the office i go to the shop for my dinner and take it back and eat it, check for PMs on here etc. If im on the road ill stop for as long as it takes to eat food and go. If im on site i sometimes take an hour for a pub lunch, sometimes just 30 mins.

I do have an hours lunch entitlement which is nice if i need it, but i dont normally take all of it.

I have about an hour for my "dinner".

After filling my face I turn the radio down in my van, put my ear plugs in and have a doze. ;)

I'm not a courier/delivery driver, it's not always convenient to visit my customers at dinner time so I look forward to having a rest as the job is physically tiring.

Lol, criminal.....;)

I get up at 05:30, out the door by 06:00, dont get home till 20:30 and I dont take a lunch break......

If I did I would love to have a doze, but I darnt, once Im asleep it could be a while before Im awake again, me sleeping is dangerous, I tend not to hear things, like earthquakes and local castophries, I play that gamble once on a daily basis, why the hell would I risk it twice in a day, thats just putting myself in a postion for a bolloxing lol......