The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miles per Gallon site?

Supragal

Air filter getting old & clogged up?

Tyre presures too low maybe?

I need to do a decent service on mine. The glow plug is clearly past its best as it's struggling to fire up on the colder mornings. :(

Filter and pressures are fine. I put it down to having only five gears. At 70 the car is sitting at high revs and any touch of the gas pedal spools the turbo.

I reckon anything above 80 and you might as well through 50p out of the window every mile.

If you're worried about potential problems with a car you're interested in, have a look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk and select "Car by Car" at the top.

It can make some cars look to be worse for reliability than they actually are, but it can at least raise your awareness of the main issues you might expect from a second hand car. Have a look at his review of the new Honda Accord - nigh on flawless, but I've no idea on the fuel economy of them sorry.

If you're worried about potential problems with a car you're interested in, have a look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk and select "Car by Car" at the top.

It can make some cars look to be worse for reliability than they actually are, but it can at least raise your awareness of the main issues you might expect from a second hand car. Have a look at his review of the new Honda Accord - nigh on flawless, but I've no idea on the fuel economy of them sorry.

I saw that Honda did an Accord Estate earlier. Nice site I'll check it out, thanks :)

I have a brand new VW Touran 2.0 tdi and I get nowhere near that. I average 430 miles for 60 litres week in week out and I do roughly 1000 to 1500 miles per week.

I also had a Passat tdi before this and was getting about the same in that too.

The guy next to me at work has a Golf tdi and was saying about it.

Even 430 to 60 litres is better than 250 to 70 litres!!!

Filter and pressures are fine. I put it down to having only five gears. At 70 the car is sitting at high revs and any touch of the gas pedal spools the turbo.

I reckon anything above 80 and you might as well through 50p out of the window every mile.

I'll have to check the revs on mine at 70mph & 80mph, from memory they're about 2,500~3,000 so not that high (although it is a diesel of course so these numbers are relative) . I haven't noticed much MPG difference tbh between travelling at those speeds. Maybe I'll do an experiment this weekend, anything to entertain myself on long boring journeys on my own private test track.

I'll have to check the revs on mine at 70mph & 80mph, from memory they're about 2,500~3,000 so not that high (although it is a diesel of course so these numbers are relative) . I haven't noticed much MPG difference tbh between travelling at those speeds. Maybe I'll do an experiment this weekend, anything to entertain myself on long boring journeys on my own private test track.

I actually got very poor MPG on the way to Suprapod. It was all going so well until Pete passed us and the then, well, have you ever tried passing a Supra while in a 306? :D

I actually got very poor MPG on the way to Suprapod. It was all going so well until Pete passed us and the then, well, have you ever tried passing a Supra while in a 306? :D

And you really bl**dy were gassing it. I was quite shocked at the speed it was approaching and had to let you by just for the sheer bravado and effort you put in. :D

Guest sunnyG83

When i use my BMW 520d (2007) to drive to London sometimes from Edinburgh and i get there and back with a full tank and usually still have around 30-40 miles in the tank before the red light comes on.

My mercedes Vito 2.2cdi (2004) van on the other hand gets me to London (Uxbridge) and only has around a quarter of a tank of Diesel left.

I have a brand new VW Touran 2.0 tdi and I get nowhere near that. I average 430 miles for 60 litres week in week out and I do roughly 1000 to 1500 miles per week.

I also had a Passat tdi before this and was getting about the same in that too.

I can understand the Touran as it's not the most aerodynamic brick in the world, but the Passat surprises me. My A6 would get over 45mpg even when I was thrashing it! It was the older 115bhp engine - not the 'red-i' - and we had chipped it to somewhere around 135bhp.