The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miles per Gallon site?

Supragal

Anyone know of a site where I can search for specific cars and it will tell me their MPG?

Just had the shocking news that a VW tdi will go 550-600 miles on £50 worth of fuel!!!!! OMG, need. I had no idea.

My focus tdci estate will go 650 miles on 42 litres. I do this every 2 weeks consiatantly on the commute to work on all kinds of roads.

Best I had was 84 mpg on a motorway run

My focus tdci estate will go 650 miles on 42 litres. I do this every 2 weeks consiatantly on the commute to work on all kinds of roads.

Best I had was 84.7 mpg on a motorway run

Argh!!! Not sure a Focus is big enough but this is a massive revelation. If I can stop spending £80 a week on fuel... wow...

A friend of mine does a lot of driving as part of his job, he loves trying to get mega MPG and got 1200 miles from 1 tank in his 407 TD recently. :D

That's 82 mpg..... I win :) And mine was 5 up in the car on mostly motorway with about 30% A roads.

He goes further than me as his tank is 24 litres bigger.

That's 82 mpg..... I win :) And mine was 5 up in the car on mostly motorway with about 30% A roads.

What is the load space like in a focus estate then? What are they like reliability wise, I'd be buying 2nd hand... V70 diesels in manual and with low mileage I think are gonna be out of my league and the Passat is meant to be expensive compared to others in the class... Hmmm...

Are the mpg figures in Parker's accurate? (presumably they are the manufacturer's published data)

I guess it provides a good comparison between lots of cars (assuming all manufacturers are equally economical with the truth...), which is all you need.

What do you drive at the moment Rosie?

What do you drive at the moment Rosie?

A nearly on its last legs i.e. won't make next MOT in June, Volvo V70. I love it, apart from the bits that are wrong with it and the fact it CANES fuel I would keep it forever. It's got everything I need, A/C, big load area, heated seats, reliable, half leather, comfortable, solid, go's ok, looks ok, loads of toys and extras, proper car. Things like the hinged dog guard that folds up into the roof and the totally fold flat seats etc etc. Love it. Best car I've ever had, no joke. 160k and it's still awesome.

Damn I'm loving that Volvo a bit much!!! I think this is why it's hard for me to change cars... nothing will compare :love:

Sweet!! Having just bought one of those I'm very pleased to hear that :D

Really?? Thats incredible

Mental isn't it. My first thought was; you'd be able to easily measure service intervals in tanks of fuel, rather than miles travelled. "ooh this is the 5th tank since my last service, Id better book it in." :D

Good effort that man :)

I can get 850miles+ from a tank (60 litres I think) on the 11 year old 306TD if I do mostly motorway, but that's pretty much never. I still get 500miles minimum from entirely cold start, very short journeys around town. :D

Even the old Audi A6 1.9TDi that I got rid of earlier this year with 170,000 miles on it did 60mpg if I took it easy. Averaged high 40's with a fair bit of town driving. (And the A6 is a big car with all the toys - dual zone climate, cruise, etc etc)

The same engine is in VW diesels and has got to be one of the best diesel engines available in a second hand car. (Most of the new Audis use a 2 litre lump now) You really could do a lot worse than a 1.9 diesel Passat Estate.

A nearly on its last legs i.e. won't make next MOT in June, Volvo V70. I love it, apart from the bits that are wrong with it and the fact it CANES fuel I would keep it forever.

Damn I'm loving that Volvo a bit much!!! I think this is why it's hard for me to change cars... nothing will compare :love:

Possibly get an LPG V70? There's an apparently low mileage FSH one on autotrader...................fairly local too

Even the old Audi A6 1.9TDi that I got rid of earlier this year with 170,000 miles on it did 60mpg if I took it easy. Averaged high 40's with a fair bit of town driving. (And the A6 is a big car with all the toys - dual zone climate, cruise, etc etc)

The same engine is in VW diesels and has got to be one of the best diesel engines available in a second hand car. (Most of the new Audis use a 2 litre lump now) You really could do a lot worse than a 1.9 diesel Passat Estate.

Yeah it is high on my list. Parkers wasn't rating it brilliantly though, which confused me. I hate all this why can't my car just go on forever and stop using petrol :D

Anyone know of a site where I can search for specific cars and it will tell me their MPG?

Just had the shocking news that a VW tdi will go 550-600 miles on £50 worth of fuel!!!!! OMG, need. I had no idea.

I have a brand new VW Touran 2.0 tdi and I get nowhere near that. I average 430 miles for 60 litres week in week out and I do roughly 1000 to 1500 miles per week.

I also had a Passat tdi before this and was getting about the same in that too.

That is brilliant.

Rosie,

I want a Passat Blue Motion TDi 2.0 I got 75 to the gallon, will buy one when I sell the Aristo

:blink:

Me too, Tom, apart from the selling the Aristo bit.

Even my old 306 gives good mpg. Approx 58mpg for the last tank doing mostly urban driving.

Oddly it seems to fair less well on a steady m-way run. :blink: