The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling my Aerotop-Comments?

georigg

Due to just being made redundant, I'm thinking of selling my Aerotop Mk4 in the new year and am looking for comments from members as to what might be a reasonable price to ask for my car.

Its a 1994 NA silver Aerotop with an auto box and with 67K miles, has had UK suspension fitted.....new shocks and springs fitted(UK Spec) along with a Carbing front strengthener bar across the suspension turrets and also has 18" Stealth alloy wheel rims fitted with (now)almost new tyres.

I have replaced the front and rear speakers and these are now fed with a Sony CD/MP3 head unit. Ialso have a Sony T69 6-disc changer to go with the head unit, but I've never fitted it as I found the MP3 player to be more than adequate.

The rear fog lights have been modified so that the existing rear lights provide the fog lights as well(modified as shown here on the board) and the fronts have Xenon lighting (bulbs) in dip and main lights.

The mileage is verifiable as I have written proof provided by NCS who supplied the speedo conversion kit and re-set the kilometer reading to miles for me(at great expense!).

I would appreciate comments/opinion on what its current value would be as there appears to be a quite large variation in prices across the Mk4 models.

Rgds

George

Hi Bash,

Will post some pics tomorrow. I do my own servicing and replace the oil/air filters every 4K and also use semi-synth oil(only use OEM or Halfords oil filters if OEM not available).

The car was bought direct from the import garage in June 2007 and had 98067 KM on the clock at that time(approx 61300 miles).

As the car is a "third" in the household it has only done about 5.5K miles since bought(I also have a Blackbird motorcycle which tends to get used more!).

Externally the car is in good condition other than small stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet(I think that's caused by the more robust flies hitting the front of the car!!!) and a small dent on the rear wheel arch top, thanks to a numpty in the local supermarket car park who caught the car when they reversed out. Internally there are no tears or damage to any of the seats and there are a set of Toyota car mats fitted from new, so carpets are in A1 condition.

I forgot also to add to the spec that the car is fitted with a META system alarm which is a Thatcham 1 system including the

M36T2 and M23T2 infra-red system for when the top is off.

Pics tomorrow!!!!!

Rgds

George

Another five photos.......

Hopefully photo 4 shows the odo reading and photo 10 shows the fog lights on with the side lights also on.

Photo 5 shows the slight "waist" mark on the rear wheel arch which is about the only mark on the body work.

Rgds

George

Thanks guys for the comments, there are not too many Supras up here so its difficult trying to judge what is a current price.

I'm planning to hold on to mine as long as I can, its certainly not worth trying to sell a soft-top or convertible up here in winter time!!!.........even last summer was a bust, I had the top off all of twice and got a cold both times!

Rgds

George

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.