The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Formula 1 - Medals System

michael

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold, silver and bronze medals would be given to the top three finishers.

Regardless of the distribution of those medals, the driver who won most races would be crowned world champion.

Sounds like the bloke with 1 gold would come above the guy with no golds and 18 silvers. :blink:

How about they take all the electronic gizmos out of the cars, tune or de-tune the cars so they are all even, and let the winner be down to the best driver of the day?! You put ANYONE in a McLaren and they'll win. It's not the drivers anymore, it's the money put into the technology in the cars! A fairer race would mean that no matter what car you're in, Honda, Toyota or Ferrari, it's down to your ability as a driver to pull through, overtake and win the race.

F1 is all fake anyway, too much going on behind the scenes for my liking, at least the BTCC is how racing should be! Down to the driver's ability and performance on the day!!

It would work, I suppose, if the medals had some form of 'points' attached to them.

For example, if gold was worth 10 points, silver 7 points and bronze 5 points etc.

Then at least that way it could be slightly fairer, but then winning points is how its always been done, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it (unless you're Ferrari, that is!) ;)

I also like the idea of swapping the grid around for each race, then that would make great tv IMO.

Maybe they can then attach machine guns and rockets to the cars. Sorry, I'm getting a bit carried away with the whole WipeOut thing! :)

I say, let them go the route of group B rallying. Unlimited power, do whatever they want to on the aero side, just make sure the safety equipment is up to scratch. Let them run wild... Imagine 1000+bhp turbo charged NOS injected F1 car race series... pure entertainment!! But then they will lose control over who wins and making sure that the championship goes down to the wire.

Sounds OK. They've got the A1 GP style 'KERS' system coming in as well haven't they?

I still think they should reverse the order of the previous race finish for the grid of the next race though. That would introduce a hell of a lot of overtaking!!!

They don't have KERS at all in A1GP...just a push to pass de-limiter.

Medal system is wrong.

Rewarding overtaking itself would be better...and rewarding pole and fastest laps.