The mkiv Supra Owners Club

copyright question

Stonkin

Thanks for everyone's help and advice. Certainly know what route to take now with this.

Tom, at the moment i am purely mobile. It is easier for me this way as i still currently have a full time job in IT, choosing when to make the jump is the question im facing at the mo. I do have a huge warehouse i can work from in Worthing, but other than that its fully mobile. Not having a decent size garage at home, in fact, not having one at all, doesnt help, as that would be ideal. I have been researching renting a unit in my area and isnt as costly as i thought, but not yet viable if i can only use it at w'ends because of my IT job.

Colin, yes the cars i have linked to are high end cars. It is the prestige, sport cars and boats where i am aiming my work at (although i'm not sure how a 30ft horse truck over 4 days which ive just done fell into this bracket, no car will ever be too big again! :) )

I have some good pictures of some very good cars, but, i am not a photographer, something i need to work on. I certainly dont want pictures of Ford Mondeo's on the site, if you get what i mean :)

Very true Tom :) After the BM went i purchased a Transit Connect which was an ex valeting van, it came with a huge water tank, generator, petrol pressure washer, normal hoovers and wet n dry vacs, and a whole load of 'bits' that do add up. I already had a rotary, g220, pressure washer and a bottom less cupboard full of everything else, so mobility isnt a problem for me now. Trouble is i rely on the customer having a decent size garage to do most of my work in, if they cant travel to Worthing, which is working ok, but having my own place would make life far easier. At the moment i could do with knowing a contact where i could use a unit on a per use basis, to avoid it not being used during the week, but that is obviously tricky.

Try http://www.dreamstime.com - very cheap images. DO NOT steal somebody elses - it is a breach of copyright and is just not cricket!

You still need to be careful if using a stock photo from sites like this, as most "royalty-free" images will still preclude it from being used in a company logo for example, amongst other restrictions of use.

Have a look around the Photgraphy & Video section on Pistonheads.

There are lots of professional (and some very good amateur) photographers on there who do a lot of car photgraphy. They may be more approachable as they obviously share your interest in cars. You may find they'll let you use some of their images and perhaps even process them to how you want by taking out backgrounds etc if you see an image of theirs that you like.

Most of the pros on Pistonheads have links to their sites via their profile.