• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your stress score is: 16

Your percentile rank is: 97

Your stress score falls within the ‘Severe’ category of the general population

its probably being out of work and finding it hard to get a job, and bills coming out of head, normally quiet a fun and up for a laff person but not at the moment.

What makes a cake specifically "christmassy" is it the decorations ?

A Christmas cake is a fruit cake, but a rich fruit cake. It is matured and also fed with brandy (or whatever you are using) for a couple of months prior to Christmas. Then covered in marzipan and icing, and at that point, yes then decorated.

What is it you don't like though? Do you just not like fruit cake in general?

I think it is the more alcohol thing, same reason I don't like christmas pudding...brandy butter and the lighting it thing.

And also the fact that my grandma has probably put me off because hers was always really dry.

A Christmas cake is a fruit cake, but a rich fruit cake. It is matured and also fed with brandy (or whatever you are using) for a couple of months prior to Christmas. Then covered in marzipan and icing, and at that point, yes then decorated.

Yum!! :)

I think it is the more alcohol thing, same reason I don't like christmas pudding...brandy butter and the lighting it thing.

And also the fact that my grandma has probably put me off because hers was always really dry.

That was a very dodgy statement! ;)

I don't like Christmas pudding either. I love mince pies though :)

For having a good old fashioned brawl, maybe? ;)

I don't have brawls, I am too old, but sometimes I apparently cause the odd one. It's a sore point , I hope the wife's not reading this..... ;) My pal had a bit of a "do" at her pub charity event, last year, that's still not been forgotten or forgiven :) The fact he now happily drinks with the pugilist and his brother holds no sway with her.

Now I'd agree I don't like xmas pudding either.

Seriously, pm me your address and I'll send you a piece of test cake (no joke I have a test cake for potential customers to try!) it's just the base i.e. no marzipan or icing but I think you'll be suprised... at least I hope so :D