The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mint 1997 VVTI Twin Turbo Supra 59K

Guest Stratt

Hi, Guys,

Due to buying a new house i am unfortunately going to have to let my stunning Supra go!!

I have currently got the car for sale on Pistonheads. I have reduced the car twice to sell quickly to £7600 ( no offers). I think the car is a bargain at this price, but maybe its just me? Let me know what you guys think?

The car is a 1997 VVTI facelift edition with only 59,000 mile on the clock. The car has an Auto gearbox, however it has a Manual option on the steering wheel which is only available in later models i believe? This gives you the best of both worlds!

Details are as follows:

* 59,000 Miles

* Kenwood DVD Player (Remote Control)

* Full Miami GT Stainless Steel Exhaust

* HKS Blow Off Valve

* Performance Replacement Air Filter

* 18" alloys

* Cat 1 Alarm with certificate

This car is absolutely immaculate condition only used as a weekend car. It is clear when you see the car that it has been very well looked after. The only marks on the bodywork are a small scuff on the corner of the front bumper and a small mark on the rear spoiler. However these are hardly niticeable. The rest of the bodywork is absolutely excellent. The interior is also very very clean with no rips or tears anywhere. Even the Engine bay is very clean!

If anybody is looking for a genuine, unabused example of a Twin Turbo supra you will struggle to find a cleaner example. I have travelled to many Jap car shows in my time, having owned many Jap cars and i must say it is rare to find such a clean example. It took me a long time viewing many cars to find this one and i was amazed by the condition of the car.

The car runs faultless and the engine runs absolutely perfect. The only issue with the car is that i noticed when i took the car out at the weekend the front brake calipers have seezed due to lack of use and caused the front discs to warp slightly. This has resulted in a slight wobble on braking. However, i have ordered new seals and discs and this will be put right before anybody buys the car.

I always try to be 100% honest when selling my cars. The car is exactly how i have described and is a stunning example.

Grab yourself a bargain!!

I can be contacted on 07748 196079 for any further information.

Thanks for reading my advert.

Hi Gary (Ellis with the BMW330ci!!) - its a great looking car and a good price - don't budge from it!

Hi mate,

Hows you?

Didnt realise you were a member on here. Just realised you have sold a blue Supra on here. A guy from France wasnt it? At least he stuck to his word. Its always nerve wracking when you have people contacting you from abroad?!

Congratulations with your sale!!

Thanks for your coments. The car really is immaculate. I hope it goes to a good home!! I have tried to be completely honest.

Good look with your car hunt!

Best regards

Gary

Hi mate,

Hows you?

Didnt realise you were a member on here. Just realised you have sold a blue Supra on here. A guy from France wasnt it? At least he stuck to his word. Its always nerve wracking when you have people contacting you from abroad?!

Congratulations with your sale!!

Thanks for your coments. The car really is immaculate. I hope it goes to a good home!! I have tried to be completely honest.

Good look with your car hunt!

Best regards

Gary

Cheers Gary - was a relatively hairy moment particularly when 5 of them turned up on my doorstep!! All good though - honest guys and the money was sound - no haggling just true to their word - won't have a bad word said against them. Just agreed a deal on my next Supra tonight - details to follow in due course!!

Yours will sell - its a lot of car for the money and with the F1 style gear change and the immaculate bodywork anybody with any sense here will snap it up. Don't back down on that price anymore, you've dropped it enough now.

drove a supra the other day at work was almost identical to yours except the wheels looked absolutely gorgeous in that colour! first time i'd drove a supra before so was quite honoured to drive one let alone work on one! has made me start looking at a vvti model now! will be saving up a extra couple of months i think!

Congratulations Ellis. I hope everything works out well with your new car. :D

Thanks guys for all your kind comments!!

The car is very clean and i will stick to my guns. I will not take less than £7600. I am reluctant to sell it at that. I really wanted around £7900 for it.

Like i said in my descrition it is hard to find a mint genuine and original Supra these days!

What did you ennd up buying ellis? What was the colour and spec?

Yours will sell - its a lot of car for the money and with the F1 style gear change and the immaculate bodywork anybody with any sense here will snap it up. Don't back down on that price anymore, you've dropped it enough now
.[/quote

Actually Ellis you have made me realise that i will not drop the price anymore. In fact i want £7800 for the car. we are all to quick to drop our prices and end up losing out! I have changed the price on Pistonheads to £7800.

The car is amazing throughout and it is worth this money!

Thanks Ellis for your encouraging words. Sometimes its just what you need when your selling a car like this.

Cheers.:D

Actually Ellis you have made me realise that i will not drop the price anymore. In fact i want £7800 for the car. we are all to quick to drop our prices and end up losing out! I have changed the price on Pistonheads to £7800.

I'll give you 7k for it.......:sly::D

Just kidding, lovely car. I have had a really good look at this but I don't want an auto.

Good luck with the sale!!

H.

That does look mint, havard buy that and buy the 6 speed conversion thats Thor is selling;)

How much is that up for. I thought that VVTi's were really difficult to BPU or go single if I wanted to later??

Plus, I like skirts and spats. It would just be too much messing about for my liking...;)

H.

How much is that up for. I thought that VVTi's were really difficult to BPU or go single if I wanted to later??

Plus, I like skirts and spats. It would just be too much messing about for my liking...;)

H.

BPU was a doddle on mine. Ryan is mapping the Solaris for it soon and I've got a GT35R kit. I think it's a myth about VVTi personally :)

Lovely looking motor and a great price.

From a selfish point of view i hope its still about in 3-4wks time!

Why are you looking to buy one?

The gearbox conversion is an ebay auction at a grand at the mo.

Not sure on the VVTI thing, MikeB and SteveR's cars are both VVTI and single turbo:search:

BASHTHEBISHOP;2188773]I will be...just waiting on some cash to be paid out to me

Well you could always treat yourslf to this lovely Supra!!

Put a deposit on and i will gladly keep it safe in my garage for you!! Go on you know you want to!! :D:d

BPU was a doddle on mine. Ryan is mapping the Solaris for it soon and I've got a GT35R kit. I think it's a myth about VVTi personally :)

Personally I don't think that it's a myth.

I'm looking to go Single on a 6 speed myself.

This is what I've researched and advice people have told me:

VVTI's are restricted by the flow of the head and what cams are available for them. They are harder to tune up to make big power which is probably something to do with how far mappers can tweak the parmameters on the EMS used.

I know VVTI wasn't an option in the US but look at what setups the yanks are running.... see any VVTI's? If VVTI's were the way to go... all the big baller Supra setups would have the imported VVTI engines.

Just my 2 pennies worth.... but I'm pretty new on the scene so feel free to chip in :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.