The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Undercover Police M5 Heads Up

Purity14

Just to let anyone know I was on the M5 this saturday in the supra, and I was cruising along minding my own business at 70mph...(luckly for me :p)

Suddenly 5 yes *FIVE* unmarked police cars all put there lights on behind and infront of me and pulled 5 seperate cars over..!!

Seems like they were driving along snaring other road users into just going that bit faster and getting lots of them all at once?!

It was around 13:00 on saturday northbound..

If your in and around those parts, id watch out (3 Volvos, BMW + Audi) - all in black! :taped:

i was coming down the M2 a few weeks ago, there was a white bmw right behind me,

i was in the fast lane behind a couple of cars keeping a good distance, when this bmw was slowing then driving rapidly up my ass, then slowing and then going for it again, (i am thinking asshole i will show him when the lanes are clear) the lane clears and i boot it left him by a fair few lengths he then puts the blues and twos on and pulls me over, this arrogant little twat gets out and starts giving it the big one saying he has me on video and i will be losing my licence, for the life of me what i said to him really shocked me i replied, "and i have you on video too and you will lose your job for trying to bait me", his face was a picture when i showed him the bullet cam in my rear number plate and told him it goes to a hard drive unit behind the screen, he then mutters i was only going to give you a warning about your speed anyway, to which i replied well the warning has been taken onboard, i drove off with a massive smile, as the bullet cam is just a reversing cam:d

lmfao..

well played mate..

i hate them i do..

i remeber when i had the one copper doing the same to me down the a45 near the NEC. i just slammed my breaks on and he nearly went in to the back off me,not knowing he was a copper,as he looked like he's daddy's car. Next he pulled me and was going to book me for dangerous driving... that's it i just let rip lol.

Next another T5 joins this young (proply just past his training ) and told the older guys that just turned up what happened and way he was driving etc, next the older copper lets me go and just floored it off from them - funny now looking back on it but wasn't at the time.

But its the same when i go out with the lads for a drive around, they always give us hassle and most of the time where only parked up having a laugh etc and the coppers wonder why we give them so much S*** when the try and talk to us etc. can understand when we doing some think that we not suppose to but when doing nothing and they give us hassle. just no need for it in my eyes,

Should be out there catching drug dealers, people like that.

i was coming down the M2 a few weeks ago, there was a white bmw right behind me,

i was in the fast lane behind a couple of cars keeping a good distance, when this bmw was slowing then driving rapidly up my ass, then slowing and then going for it again, (i am thinking asshole i will show him when the lanes are clear) the lane clears and i boot it left him by a fair few lengths he then puts the blues and twos on and pulls me over, this arrogant little $#@! gets out and starts giving it the big one saying he has me on video and i will be losing my licence, for the life of me what i said to him really shocked me i replied, "and i have you on video too and you will lose your job for trying to bait me", his face was a picture when i showed him the bullet cam in my rear number plate and told him it goes to a hard drive unit behind the screen, he then mutters i was only going to give you a warning about your speed anyway, to which i replied well the warning has been taken onboard, i drove off with a massive smile, as the bullet cam is just a reversing cam:d

Pmsl nice one Gaz :D

lmfao..

well played mate..

i hate them i do..

i remeber when i had the one copper doing the same to me down the a45 near the NEC. i just slammed my breaks on and he nearly went in to the back off me, next he pulled me and was going to book me for dangerous driving... that's it i just let rip lol.

So you slammed the brakes on with a policeman right behind you? Just because he was acting like a tit (if he was) it does not mean you have be an even bigger one buy applying the brakes risking an accident. :rolleyes:

Rise above it.

So you slammed the brakes on with a policeman right behind you? Just because he was acting like a tit (if he was) it does not mean you have be an even bigger one buy applying the brakes risking an accident. :rolleyes:

Rise above it.

:yeahthat:

Honestly, this place is turning into a Tescos Car Park these days.

And after THIS thread...

i was in the fast lane behind a couple of cars keeping a good distance, when this bmw was slowing then driving rapidly up my ass, then slowing and then going for it again, (i am thinking asshole i will show him when the lanes are clear) the lane clears and i boot it left him by a fair few lengths he then puts the blues and twos on and pulls me over, this arrogant little twat gets out and starts giving it the big one saying he has me on video and i will be losing my licence, for the life of me what i said to him really shocked me i replied, "and i have you on video too and you will lose your job for trying to bait me", his face was a picture when i showed him the bullet cam in my rear number plate and told him it goes to a hard drive unit behind the screen, he then mutters i was only going to give you a warning about your speed anyway, to which i replied well the warning has been taken onboard, i drove off with a massive smile, as the bullet cam is just a reversing cam:d

:D

"I've been expecting you PC Bond!"

i was in the fast lane behind a couple of cars keeping a good distance, when this bmw was slowing then driving rapidly up my ass, then slowing and then going for it again, (i am thinking asshole i will show him when the lanes are clear) the lane clears and i boot it left him by a fair few lengths he then puts the blues and twos on and pulls me over, this arrogant little $#@! gets out and starts giving it the big one saying he has me on video and i will be losing my licence, for the life of me what i said to him really shocked me i replied, "and i have you on video too and you will lose your job for trying to bait me", his face was a picture when i showed him the bullet cam in my rear number plate and told him it goes to a hard drive unit behind the screen, he then mutters i was only going to give you a warning about your speed anyway, to which i replied well the warning has been taken onboard, i drove off with a massive smile, as the bullet cam is just a reversing cam:d

:rlol: i like that responce but dont go shouting it or the will ask me to remove the hard drive from behind my dash that aint there :D

Just to let anyone know I was on the M5 this saturday in the supra, and I was cruising along minding my own business at 70mph...(luckly for me :p)

Suddenly 5 yes *FIVE* unmarked police cars all put there lights on behind and infront of me and pulled 5 seperate cars over..!!

Seems like they were driving along snaring other road users into just going that bit faster and getting lots of them all at once?!

It was around 13:00 on saturday northbound..

If your in and around those parts, id watch out (3 Volvos, BMW + Audi) - all in black! :taped:

Thankyou for the Heads-up. Seems like they are back again. We had all this over Summer trapping the tourists.

It's your duty to keep safe distance from car infront of you, so you will always have time and place to react on sudden braking.

This type of Police tactic must be getting more popular.

I was driving the Supra a few months back and was behind two other cars which were both doing about 70mph on a dual carriageway.

I had this car behind me that looked as if I were towing it, as it was so close to my bumper.

Anyway, the two cars in front pulled over, I put my foot down and overtook then pulled in to the inside lane. Then the guy that had been tailing me, put on the blue lights.

I started to pull in and he just flew straight by.

I;m not sure if they suddenly got an urgent call or if they were just bating me and changed there mind, but it did seem a little odd.

It's your duty to keep safe distance from car infront of you, so you will always have time and place to react on sudden braking.

And I can happily inform you that if the experts report showed that you had suddenly braked for no reason then contributory negligence would by the minimum argument any half decent solicitor would bring against you.

Oh and for the record, having a car at 80mph hitting yours from behind might just mean there isn't much of you left to state the above argument.

Police entrapment tactics again then. :(

Makes you want to get a camera in your car

A few months ago I was driving South in the M5 and as I approached J6 could see some officers with a speed measuring setup of some description (laser I'd guess) on the bridge over the carriageway. They were presumably in radio contact with at least the 4 marked traffic cars that I saw being sent out to stop speeders and have a little chat on the hard shoulder. I saw the traffic cars pull off at J7 a mile or so further down eth road and head back up to J6 to do it all over again...

Be sensible out there folks :)

The copper who pulled me over back in the summer said I'd overtaken a van a little bit dangerously as well as being over the speed limit. I didn't tell him that I'd only overtaken it to get away from the tailgating tw@t who was apparently adamant to climb into my exhaust, as it turned out to be him.

A couple of years back, I was driving on the inside lane of the dual carriageway at about 70. An Impreza on the outside lane was behind me and gradually closed up the distance until he was in my blind spot. Then he just stayed there, in that really annoying spot where you think to yourself, "Either overtake me or pull in." Anyway, he did neither, and I was about to floor it when he put on the blues and took off, presumably after another car!

That was when I first realised that: (A) cops can drive unmarked Imprezas, and (B) they employ dodgy baiting tactics.

Makes you want to get a camera in your car
I've got the hardware to plug it into so I might just do that. ;)

The copper who pulled me over back in the summer said I'd overtaken a van a little bit dangerously as well as being over the speed limit. I didn't tell him that I'd only overtaken it to get away from the tailgating tw@t who was apparently adamant to climb into my exhaust, as it turned out to be him.
Having been similarly goaded by an unmarked car about 15 years ago (but thankfully just warned) I fully sympathise. Whenever I get a tailgating tw@ these days I let them past, no matter what they're driving.

A few months ago I was driving South in the M5 and as I approached J6 could see some officers with a speed measuring setup of some description (laser I'd guess) on the bridge over the carriageway. They were presumably in radio contact with at least the 4 marked traffic cars that I saw being sent out to stop speeders and have a little chat on the hard shoulder. I saw the traffic cars pull off at J7 a mile or so further down eth road and head back up to J6 to do it all over again...

Be sensible out there folks :)

Now that I don't really have a problem with. The MkI eyeball can (usually) spot those types of traps with time to slow to a sensible speed if necessary. Especially if you've just let some tailgating tw@ go past in a rush. :)

And I can happily inform you that if the experts report showed that you had suddenly braked for no reason then contributory negligence would by the minimum argument any half decent solicitor would bring against you.

But what if you had to brake hard to avoid a duck crossing the road?

Pretty hard to disprove....

Having been similarly goaded by an unmarked car about 15 years ago (but thankfully just warned) I fully sympathise. Whenever I get a tailgating tw@ these days I let them past, no matter what they're driving.

I just let off the accelerator now. Some guy did it to me last week when I had my Dad in the car with me. When he realised I was only doing about 30 in a national speed limit I pointed out the tailgater. I'd started at 60 but when he got too close I just backed off until he got the point. That particular tw@ didn't, even after about 3 miles :rolleyes: Still, I was in no rush and there was no-one behind him being held up :D

But what if you had to brake hard to avoid a duck crossing the road?

Pretty hard to disprove....

Aren't you supposed to disregard wildlife on the roads if taking avoiding action would potentially cause an accident?