The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pound a litre what the f**k

supradibbs

heard this this morning comming into effect soon due to the cost of the u.s barrell!!!at 57 usd why cant our coverment cut the tax which is 82% for christ sake time for action chaps blockades if we get this round all the forums then maybe with masses we could make a diffrence :complain:

I love the way they do this. 'Petrol is gonna be £1 per litre', there is an outcry and threats of action, so the price goes up to 'say' 95p per litre. Everyone thinks 'oh well that's not so bad' and the govt.\Fuel companies get a healthy increase :complain:

That said, a BPU Supra is gonna average 15ish to the gallon ? I tend not to get bent out of shape by petrol prices nowadays, my choice is to have an awesome car that pi**es on most road going vehicles, but that choice costs petrol ! Me complaining about petrol prices would be like Chris Moyles complaining about the price of burgers :D

Matt

Get used to it or go and live in another country that either has too many guns and crime or is not as developed.

Think yourself lucky you don't live in Germany and pay their taxes.

Exactly why I'm looking at going to live in Australia. I think you statement was a bit too broad a generalisation though.

I am used to it, I have had 26 years of being 'used to it', still doesn't mean I have to like it.

And seeing as we aren't taxed on free speech yet, I'm entitled to give my opinion. If you don't like it don't read this thread :thanks:

not as developed.

Sorry to say it, but the UK is heading that way...look at the general youth these days in the UK, ages 10-18... Most of them can't actually speak correctly, any writing they do is in 'text' speak.... says a lot of the generation that is coming up...

And don't even get me started on the manners of kids these days.....

Guest Vester
40% tax bracket is over £32,400 (and then you only pay 40% on what you earn over that amount).

Doesn't stop it being a pain in the ass though :(

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/rates/it.htm

That's incorrect.

Your income would have to be over £37,295 for 2005/06 tax year

Higher rate tax bracket of £32400 AND the personal allowance of £4895

I agree with you all. I've wasted far to much time and effort in the past groaning on about it. Taxes are a pain the ass. Police funding is too low, hospital funding is too low, public transport is rubbish, we're being swamped with single parents, job dodgers and immigrants sucking the country dry.

The only way YOU can make a change is by joining a group and doing something about it. If you're not prepared to take some real action, then like I said before, get used to it.

Sorry to say it, but the UK is heading that way...look at the general youth these days in the UK, ages 10-18... Most of them can't actually speak correctly, any writing they do is in 'text' speak.... says a lot of the generation that is coming up...

And don't even get me started on the manners of kids these days.....

I missed out education standards - they're crap too.

The easiest way is to voice your opinion and let the government know that you won't be voting for them if they don't reduce fuel tax.

I've sent off a few letters to various government offices to let them know what I think of fuel tax.

If everyone did it then instead of actually going out and doing something physical like blocking the roads you can get your point accross through e-mail.

And VOTE OUT this MONEY GRABBING GOVERNMENT !

Stop pissing and moaning, god knows what this forum is gonna be like when the Chinese really start grbbing the oil, the price will be about £7 a litre then! This is only the start of it.

The only thing that would help would be to stop the fuel escalator, introduced by the Tories btw, Lib dems = more tax, so you dont really have a choice other than protest and hope the Gov dont keep raising the tax ontop of the increasing fuel costs.